In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Discussion] My disagreement with the end of beta support

2019-06-19 02:20:13
317 3
Good afternoon. I was at the time a good follower of the support provided on miui.com and when the change was triggered, I noticed a bad handling by the administrators of the new site.

The truth why they end beta support? According to I read it is because the users did not give the feeback. But I've been around since people showed evidence of the touch problem and notifications and we do not see any solution. How do you intend to blame the users? IF we have been saying for a while about the problems and many things in the support and we do not see any solution. More than 1 year! and no solution.

The other problem with the notifications had said that it would come out for the stable version that would be launched in June. And now? no this!
And what answer do they give us !? https://twitter.com/atytse/status/1140081350621294593. They tell us to follow their beta versions.

But if they have said that there will be no more !!!!!
Then we will have to wait for MIUI 11? For then its first stable version say that still not leave in a second stable ??!

It is a lack of respect!!
Why is there less participation?
If they have all divided in this forum !!!!

Now it is divided into regions. Before it was a single place for global versions and it was mandatory to say it in English.

PLEASE!

2019-06-19 02:20:13
Favorites RateRate

happybuddhist | from app

Hi there!

As you understand, it is a much bigger picture than what you see here. The Beta development is not just for the POCO F1, but for all devices. Yes, POCO F1 subforum has always been a great place to be and it was a joy to be here. That's because of the user base and their continuous participation and feedback. But that is not the case for all devices. Most users take up Beta since there is no longer Stable available (or slow updates) without giving any feedback on the Beta ROM. That's the reason for this change. I know that our users have been great and even I have asked users to report bugs so that they get higher priority. But yes, not all bugs are fixed, but that's another discussion.

As for the closure of Beta development, it is done by top management. Even the Mods or the SuperMods have no say in this but have to work accordingly, since this place still needs to run. This post deserves a larger audience, not just POCO F1 users, but all Global ROM users. But anyway, from what I see, this is irreversible. But on the other hand, we've been told that this is for more focus on the stable ROM development, so I would guess that we could be getting more stable(r) updates from now on. But at this point, we just have to wait patiently and see how it turns out after July 1.

Let's be hopeful that this change in ROM development would be in a better way for users.

Cheers! :-)
2019-06-19 02:50:27

Pro Bunny

Biti | from app

All devices? I got like 2 patch on my Redmi5 Plus less than half year after release it almost fully killed... Many other mid-low devices. Poco is global only and they kill the only thing what useful for us..
2019-06-19 16:23:31

Rookie Bunny

Pescador_Niii | from app

Of course this os a corporate movement to reduce development costs. This will reduce software releases and achievments on users feedbacks.
2019-06-19 21:00:09