In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Q&A] why poco screen is so strange?

2019-06-16 23:46:25
755 6

In both mode ( hide and show notch)  we see thi strange curve on the corner. This curve limit the game efficiency and hide some game functions. This not limitation of poco screen this is designed to show like this... Why??  
2019-06-16 23:46:25
Favorites RateRate
change dpi in developer options to 392
2019-06-17 00:03:43

Rookie Bunny

AndroidHero | from app

Wow. I have the hide Notch enabled and I just noticed it, now I can't unnoticed it.
2019-06-17 00:20:29

Advanced Bunny

meyen Author | from app

miraclemanoj
change dpi in developer options to 392

it was set to 392 from begining.
2019-06-17 00:38:34

happybuddhist | from app

POCO F1 was released with Hide Notch feature in MIUI 9. But most users complained that the notch cut was totally straight, ie, there's a natural curve at the bottom of the screen but the notch area was cut out flat. Everyone was ranting about symmetry at that time and they wanted it to look similar. With MIUI 10 however, the feature was taken off completely, and people wanted it back. When the devs finally added back this feature, they added the symmetry as users wanted. So that's why it is having that curve. It doesn't serve any purpose; it's just for the symmetry.

I personally don't like the curvature of the screen, even at the bottom, but users wanted the curve to be symmetrical when the notch was hidden - just for the aesthetics. As I see it, it's a matter of personal preference. I hated the notch when notches first came out, but I never hid the notch in my POCO since I don't really care about it much after using it. Yes, the notch is an issue with games, but that's the general thing with games. But the symmetrical curve was most demanded by users via social media and forums, and that's why it is there. Some people love it, others don't. Like I said, it all comes to personal preference.

Cheers! :-)
2019-06-17 01:31:13

Advanced Bunny

meyen Author | from app

thx for ur respond
2019-06-17 01:59:33
people change their minds like the weather - first they did want the symmetry - now they all want the top square and then the bottom cannot be made straight so it's going to look wonky

thank god i don't play games so i don't need to hide the notch - so i can just use the phone and enjoy whatever i do without stupid things bothering me
2019-06-17 14:33:17