In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Q&A] gcam for the miui 10.3.1 Pie global

2019-06-16 11:29:48
441 2
Hello,

I want to activate camera2api in this version in order to use GCAM. Can anyone please explain to me how to proceed ?
Anyone have GCAM fully working in this rom .

2019-06-16 11:29:48
Favorites4 RateRate
NO root is necessary

REQUIREMENTS:
YOU NEED UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER FOR THIS TO WORK
ADB and Fastboot Driver and Platform Tools
Anti-rollback Protection (ARB) bypasser
Recovery image in this case RedWolf or whyred pie twrp
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397929084  or https://sourceforge.net/projects/pitchblack-twrp/files/whyred/PitchBlack-whyred-2.9.0-20190501-1030-OFFICIAL.zip/download
Hal3 enabler (put this file on your Phone storage)

Install Adb and fastboot Driver

unzip Platform-tools.zip and open

extract ARB-Bypasser-Fastboot-Unlocker.zip and copy Dummy.img to Platform-tools folder
Copy MiUi-Wolf-DC.img to Platform-tools folder

Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-click
anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here.

boot your phone in the Fastboot mode
Volume Down + Power Button together

Plug Your phone to your PC

In the Command Prompt window type      fastboot flash antirbpass dummy.img

wait the process to finish than type      fastboot boot MiUi-Wolf-DC.img.img

if everything was correct your phone will boot into redwolf recovery

Now on your phone

Swipe to allow modification.

Go to Install and browse "HAL3_ENABLE_MIUI_PIE.zip" select this file and flash. After successfully flashing "Reboot System".

Download "Manual Camera Compatibility" app from play store and check if is camera2api enabled or not.
this tutorial was writen by merging the MIUI.BLOG METHOD that only work on Oreo roms and Technobuzz method that is for Pie roms.

I received the pie update for miui global stable and was looking for a way to enable camera2api without root, i try the Miui.blog method and didn't work, the technobuzz method worked for me only after i flashed the Anti-rollback bypasser (dummy.img).

2019-06-16 16:54:49

Semi Pro Bunny

Remini King | from Redmi Note 5

When you enable Camera2api install this gcam version where everything is working MGC_6.2.030_FixBugsVersion_Bulkin043_V2.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2NM-M6oZa88aAsuqL2v4tqbePwlsV0o/view?usp=drivesdk
2019-06-18 06:24:27