In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[Review] [Weekly Review] MIUI 10 Global Beta 9.6.13

2019-06-14 12:34:08
4956 66

Hi MIUIers,

Welcome back! Present to you my weekly beta ROMs review for Mi 8. Please confirm if you have these bugs or bugs that I didn't mention here. The official changelog may differ from this review. Plus, let's hope that one day I can become one of MIUI Global Beta Tester team :D

WHAT'S NEW & IMPROVEMENTS
1. Redesigned screenshot tool.
Meet the all new screenshot tool with ability to quickly send taken screenshot to others, new editing tools and more.

2. Redesigned battery optimization settings at Security apps.
Automated Tasks also made its return on MIUI 10!

3. Improved SIM data quick settings shortcut.
You can now switch between data for dual-SIM card user.

4. GAME TURBO: Redesigned settings page for landscape orientation.

5. GAME TURBO: Continuous swipe brings additional menu
You can now swipe left/right two times to directly go to additional menu of GAME TURBO during in-game session.

6. GAME TURBO: Added visual enhancement toggle at GAME TURBO in-game menu.

7. Blur app preview options.
Blur selected apps preview on Recents screen.

8. New special features: Quick Replies
Use floating apps for WhatsApp, Qq and others when you got notifications from those apps.

9. Mi Cloud can now save 'Frequent phrases'.

10. Redesigned Gallery edit icons.

BUGS FIXED
- FIX screen flickering during phone wakes up issue when Anti-flicker/DC Dimming option is activated.

- FIX square box UI glitch when navigating apps through Recents screen. Now, all apps are displayed with rounded corner.

NEW BUGS FOUND
-

BUGS REMAINS :
1. Swipe up to homescreen didn't show Picture in Picture (PIP) window. Explanation and bug report : http://en.miui.com/thread-3944033-1-1.html

Really good update! They managed to fix the UI glitch for Recents screen and screen flickering (which is really bugging me lately). Plus, they add a lot of new features and GAME TURBO improvements in this update too!

EXTRA NOTES: I heard really disappointing news recently. All device who use Global Beta ROMs will stop getting updates after 1st July.
If this really happens, it is really a sad decision for everyone including me. I hope Xiaomi can at least limit this policy only for older budget devices. Flagship should at least get 2 years of full workable software experience including having access to Stable and Beta update channel. This is not fair to the newer device and flagship devices. Please reconsider back the policy again, Xiaomi. Thanks.

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +3 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-06-14 12:34:08
Favorites10 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Raza_Mohamed | from MI 8

wow thank you so much for the review
2019-06-14 12:46:54
Razarokie

Advanced Bunny

Aris99 | from MI 8

i don't know why but my game turbo doesn't have a menu. I can see it when i play games but that library that you have that shows the games and the settings i don't have it
2019-06-14 12:47:57

Pro Bunny

JK44 | from MI 8

how do I turn on the sim data quick settings
2019-06-14 13:00:07

Master Bunny

ilovemi8 Author | from MI 8

JK44
how do I turn on the sim data quick settings

Just swipe down notification shade, tap text under sim card icon to switch to another network. This only works if you have dual sim card.
2019-06-14 13:33:57

Master Bunny

ilovemi8 Author | from MI 8

Aris99
i don't know why but my game turbo doesn't have a menu. I can see it when i play games but that library that you have that shows the games and the settings i don't have it

Check game booster settings and set the orientation to landscape
2019-06-14 13:34:31

Master Bunny

m_mese_mosi | from Redmi Note 7

very nice
it's great
2019-06-14 13:41:05

Pro Bunny

superkevin18 | from MI 8

thanks for the review!
2019-06-14 13:57:23

Advanced Bunny

Aris99 | from MI 8

ilovemi8
Check game booster settings and set the orientation to landscape

I have only vertical or horizontal though
2019-06-14 14:15:15

Advanced Bunny

Aris99 | from MI 8

Aris99
I have only vertical or horizontal though

found it nevermind Thanks man!!!
2019-06-14 14:17:24

Pro Bunny

André Casanova | from MI 8

Thank you for all your work. When only the stable version remains, continue to do your update reviews.
2019-06-14 14:25:36