In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Q&A] Redmi Note 5 AI Chinese (running Global ROM) - This MIUI version can't be installed on this device

2019-06-14 02:24:59

448 8
[John_Doe] replied at 2019-06-13 15:41:55
Have a Look in the Note 5 SubForum, there are a few Threads and maybe Solutions about it !

Thanks for the reply @John_Doe,

i did find few answers, but that doesn't cover all my queries.  Can you/ some one help me with the below query -

Does ROM flashing clear device memory i.e. Pictures, Musics, Apps & User Data; Or is there any way i can recover my data from Redmi note 5 AI mobile (in its current state showing: "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device" error message) ?

2019-06-14 04:25:48
Reply Report
Thank you!
Sarge7 replied at 2019-06-13 19:44:47
i'm afraid from the position you are in all data will be lost .
    You may read about data recovery software tools that claim miracles of restore after wiping all data .
      Out of curiosity i tried to see fairly recently what was recoverable after system wipe and it was very minimal .

Thanks for the response @Sarge7,

i'll flash the latest GLOBAL ROM (post flashing with Chinese ROM, and unlocking boot loader), then will try my luck with the recovery softwares.
Have a nice day!
2019-06-14 22:14:21
Reply Report
Thank you!

Redmi Note 5 AI Chinese (running Global ROM) - This MIUI version can't be instal

Rezha Illa Rusla replied at 2019-06-17 02:36:24
try this rom
MIUI 10 CHINA STABLE

Hi @Rezha Illa Rusla,

Yes, i did mention the same in my previous post. But my Redmi Note 5 AI doesn't allow me to flash it with the latest Chinese stable or Dev/Beta ROM's. The Mi Flash Pro tool flashes the error message "Cannot flash older version of ROM". Also i tried to flash the latest Global Dev ROM, but that did not help, and i still saw the error message "This MIUI version cannot be installed on this device"

FYI, the Redmi Note 5 AI official China Stable and Beta/ Developer ROM can be found here -
http://www.miui.com/download-341.html
And the Global versions here - http://en.miui.com/download-342.html#508 (Note: you can select the russia version by selecting the menu link - Redmi Note 5 Russia)

I didn't want to wait for more than a month just to flash the newer china ROM on my phone (and later to go back to older global ROM). I took the step to open my phone back cover and with Qualcomm EDL approach, i was successfully able to install the older version of global ROM, you can find the reference here - https://c.mi.com/thread-2219086-1-0.html (BIG THANKS TO KILLERENGEL). Now i am waiting for permissions (167 hours to go) to unlock the boot loader of the phone, so that i don't have to go through this hiccup later.

Thanks everyone
2019-06-17 22:48:38
Reply Report
Thank you!
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

3 Days Check-In
7 Days Check-In
21 Days Check-In
100K Mi Fans
Mi 9T