In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[ROM] this miui version can't be installed on this device

2019-06-13 09:05:08

385 6
Hi,

I was also using a Redmi Note 5 AI (Chinese version bought on AliExpress) with Global ROM; and after the recent OTA update of Android Pie, my phone is bricked and shows up the recovery screen with error message "This version of MIUI can't be installed on this device". I am not sure, if my phone boot loader is locked; never checked it.

I am in a bad state, where i did not completely backup my phone since 1 month before i ran the OTA update on Redmi Note 5; and need the data very badly.

Question -
Is there any way i can recover the data from the device current state?

On my Redmi Note 5, does flashing a recovery Chinese ROM that might be released in the next few weeks (higher than the current global version that bricked the phone) clear the device memory ?

Thanks in advance.
2019-06-13 22:44:52
Reply Report
Thank you!
Hi OP,

Can you please shoot a video of the steps you have followed to change the language from "chinese" to "english".

Most of us here dont understand chinese language. it would be really helpful for most of the forum members who have this problem. Thank you
2019-06-15 02:00:57
Reply Report
Thank you!
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2016-2019 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list