In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Other] Official update V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM bricked my Redmi Note 5

2019-06-08 19:55:26

2,762 32
Contact the seller or visit service centre .

As you're using edl test point method try using a different version . Latest or may 2018 version .
  Many users have found by changing MiFlash they can successfully flash
2019-06-10 06:15:03
Reply Report

Device team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

floater3
Hello!
I bought a new device with locked bootloader. But I unlocked it and even with it unlocked I can flash the latest ROM but any Pie MIUI ROM is working. It always leads in bootloop (loops in the Mi loading screen)...
I tried MiFlash and all those tools. Also tried flashing through TWRP by wiping everything, and the same happens everytime.

I've followed your thread and posts and keep looking out for articles and youtubers vids explaining issue but so far have drawn a blank.
  Frustrating when you've clean flashed and done everything possible that I can think of.
  If I find any info explaining the corruption preventing booting to Pie I'll let you know

2019-06-27 20:34:40
Reply Report

Device team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

floater3
but isn't it is the same thing? I say that because people use edl method when the bootloader is locked. As I have it unlocked, I think it will not make any difference am I right?

It's only a matter of opinion .
  Just like you I'm using logical thinking and think it will make no difference .
  I'm concerned that whatever corruption you have preventing Oreo to Pie boot will carry forward .
Hopefully we shall soon see if update overides corruption .
2019-06-30 18:48:45
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2016-2019 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list