In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi Art] Spotify: Music for Every Mood and Every Moment!

2019-06-07 06:27:00
741 23

Hello Mi Fans,

Music soothes our soul, our mind. Its something that is always there for us, no matter what our current mood is. Music streaming has grown up by leaps and bounds, since its inception and is now its one of the best ways to listen to music. Listening to awesome songs - specifically from a high-quality free music streaming app – is something we all want, be it at home, at work or on the go with our smartphones

If you are an ardent music lover, you must have heard the name Spotify. Today we are going to explore the Spotify android app. Let's get started.

First Look

When you open the app, a rich black interface would welcome you. The black interface looks really nice and impressive with the album covers standing against the minimal black backdrop. The user interface is simple yet awesome which indeed enrich your music listening experience to a whole new level. To start exploring you have to create an account first. It's a very simple process. Just put your name, gender, date of birth and email id. You can use your google or Facebook account for signing up too.

Features

Contents:
While talking about the contents, I must say Spotify has a vast collection of music. Apart from the international icons you would also get the flavors of your regional music over here. Like I am from India, I get the huge collection of Bollywood songs and albums including regional music like Tamil, Telugu and Punjabi. Just at the beginning, you have to select 3 or more of your favorite artist. This is to help Spotify team to make recommendations and curated playlists for you in future.

The recommendation engineering system of Spotify is really smart. Whatever recommended playlists I have got, they matches my taste most of the times. Another interesting thing is, whenever any new album of your favorite artists releases, you would get a pop up screen while opening the app. So that you don't miss it. In case you forgot to add any of your favorite artist at the start- up page. No worries. Just type it in the search box and add it your list.

Be it any genre or any mood, Spotify have something for everything. Hip-hop, Electronics, Classical, Rock- which one would you go for? Oh, did I mention? Spotify is a hub of Podcasts as well. You can have a look on the Educational, games, Business, News or many more sectional podcasts. Once you start playing it, it gives you an option to download the episode for offline listening. You can even alter & adjust the speed of playing.

The home page of the app is neat and clean and well sorted. As I say earlier, I really can't stop talking about the visuals. How brilliant those colorful album covers look in the black interface. Absolutely eye catching. At the top you would see your recently played music. While gently scrolling through the page you would discover - Editor's pick, Popular and Trending music and Your Daily Mix. It basically consists of the recommended songs by the Spotify team based on your liking and activity.

Your Library:
As the name suggests, it talks about your favorite music. Here you would find your playlist, favorite artists and favorited albums list. Similar to any other music apps, here you can create one or more playlists of your choice. One main advantage of this app is its sorting and organizations. It's perfect. In the Your Library tab you would see two different sections for Music and Podcasts. Instead of mixing together, they made it separate to give us a smooth user experience and app navigation. You can view your downloaded podcasts episode or subscribed/followed channels here.

Coming to the music listening experience, Spotify gives you a choice to set audio quality from low to high in the free version of the app. While the premium version has a super high quality which Spotify claims to be 3x better. But for me I found the quality in free version is really good and up to the mark. For some of the specific songs, you can find the lyrics also at the bottom. In case you have the Spotify app installed on multiple devices, you can stream music from one device to another. The song-playing background looks cool with it's color adaptive look.

Settings:
Under settings there are actually a lot of things you can do. You can choose Cross fade which would allows you to cross fade between songs. You can normalize volume for all the tracks and set the audio quality as per your choice. There is an in-built Data Saver mode which sets the audio quality to low thus saving your data. Well, there are many more options you can explore. I just talked about the most important ones. For the rest, it lies on you. Check them out!

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • Awesome UI
  • Huge collection of international and regional music
  • Great library of Podcasts
  • Unlimited listening & streaming of music as much as you want for free.
  • Follow your favorite artists and stay updated with their latest uploads.

Cons:
  • Advertisements between tracks in free version
  • No download option in free version

Conclusion

Spotify is undoubtedly an worthy app for music lovers. At first the interface would make you fall in love with the app while the collection of music would increase your fondness towards the app. The UI is very smooth, impressive and user friendly. But one major drawback is there is no download option in free version. Which makes you in need of internet for streaming every time you come to listen to songs.  But overall the experience with the app is too good and I would definitely recommend it to music lovers.

I will give it 4.5 out of 5.

Additional Information

Downloads

Download Spotify from Google Playstore

Or,

Download the Apk:
Spotify.apk (31.33 MB, Downloads: 9)

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-06-07 06:27:00
Favorites4 RateRate