|Hi Fellow MIUIers |
Redmi 3s is the latest Mi Phone launched in India. And as the trend follows it comes with an OEM locked bootloader making it hard to Flash it. But like the case with any other phone it also faces issues like bootstuck or bootloop. Then how to flash it without unlocking Boot Loader ?
Here are the simplest steps to flash MIUI rom on Redmi 3s
1) Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
For Windows 7 Download Pdf File
For Windows 8.1/10
Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
Click Update and Security.
Click on Recovery.
Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
Click Advanced options.
Click Startup Settings.
Click on Restart.
On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
2) Downlaod latest Xiaomi Flash tool From here or download from here. It requires .NET Framework, get it from here. You will Find the link for latest Rom For your Device here.
3) Although Driver for Emergency Download Mode should be installed along with Xiaomi Flash tool but if some how facing problem then download drivers from here.
For Unbricked or devices who can enter fastboot mode
4) Put your device in fastboot mode by pressing and holding "volume down" and "power" buttons till Mi Bunny fixing Android robot appears and connect it to PC/Laptop.
5) Go to the Adb folder and right click while pressing and holding the 'Shift' Key so that there appers right click menu with 'Open command window here' option and then click on that option to open a command prompt in that folder.
6) Go to command prompt and there type ' fastboot devices ' and press enter key, if drivers are properly installed andphone is connected via usb cable in fastboot mode then it will be shown with some alphanumeric code along with 'fastboot ' written as below. If you are not getting return as shown in image below, then check for proper usb cable or adb/fastboot drivers and repeat this step.
Once the device is connected in Fastboot mode then run the command " fastboot oem edl " .which will reboot your phone in Emergency Download Mode and phone should be detected in device manager of computer as "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008" as shown in SS below.
Fastboot CMD.png (8.55 KB, Downloads: 289)
2016-09-04 08:47:32 Upload
Device Manager.png (41.03 KB, Downloads: 233)
2016-09-04 08:53:41 Upload
For Bricked/Boot Looped Devices which aren't able to enter even fastboot mode
7) Connect the device to the computer, if it's detected as "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008" then this method will work else this tutorial won't help you...
8) Once the device is successfully connected to Computer in EDL mode then open XiaoMi Flash tool.
9) Click on "select" and select the folder containing the Fastboot image of the MIUI for your device which you want to flash and click on "Refresh".
10) Phone will be detected as shown in SS below(com no could be different,that doesnt matters). Select Clean all from the three options below and click "Flash".
11) Now comes the hardest part of all . and thats to just Sit back and let the green bar fill the empty space like as shown in pics below
Mi Flash Start.png (13.56 KB, Downloads: 193)
2016-09-04 09:07:44 Upload
Mi Flash Complete.png (9.68 KB, Downloads: 178)
2016-09-04 09:07:49 Upload
12) Once the success message comes phone will reboot automatically and will start booting. Have some patience. it will be up and running in no more than 10 mins.
I and Xiaomi/Mi are not responsible for bricked devices, corrupt system files or thermo-nuclear war in your world,
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if anything went wrong then it will be because YOU choose to do so.
IMPORTANTUpdate: Since Some time around Jan 2017 the edl command used in this tut is been disabled and no longer works. So check for your MIUI version and then if its stable/dev rom prior to that, then try this. On Redmi 3S running later version of MIUI there is high chance that this tut won't work.
Special thanks to @keshav and @anthrax for there support and help.