In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[] Mi Bluetooth Selfie Stick and Tripod (2 in 1) Review

2019-05-29 02:14:21
1060 16
Hello Mi Community!!

Summer Getaways, Outings, Travels and all that important happenings make us all pump up and excited.

For one, aside from that beach body we would always (try) to achieve, we had our "Things to bring" list, capture, record and remember special moments during those times. Most of us always want our photos and videos to be great.

Moments worthy of sharing especially these generation in social media, I for one want that. Since I am on a learning process in photography, I try to invest on things that would help me on it. So I decided to buy the Mi Bluetooth Selfie Stick and a Mi Powerbank to accompany us during our travels.

Xiaomi's target market does not only evolve on creating affordable and innovative phones but also on accessories and appliances as well.

For this article, I'll give my review and experience using the Mi Bluetooth Selfie Stick. There are two color variants of Xiaomi Selfie Stick which is gray and black. I choose the black one as for me, it is the safest color if you use it on a daily basis and travels aside from simply because it doesn’t catch dirt easily.The Xiaomi Bluetooth Selfie Stick is both a selfie stick and a tripod which comes with a detachable Bluetooth shutter remote.Now, I've owned a thing or two of different (and much cheaper selfie stick) BUT both have already been damaged and broken. Quality is not good.                                                            
Now lets give this Mi Selfie Stick a shot!

Inside its box contains:
-  The Mi Selfie Stick
-  The Bluetooth Shutter remote (detachable and rechargeable!)
-   Manual

As you’ve known I am not a selfie type of person, I rarely took selfies and if I do it will always be with family or close friends. Buying this Mi Bluetooth Selfie Stick is quite useful especially on travels. I’ve got some decent selfie photos and made a time lapse (posted on my IG last month) of a sunset during our summer getaway.

This is the tallest that it can get, it has 3 sections.

It has a 360° rotating phone mount that can hold phones with width between 55mm to 90mm (approximately). It is made of a durable aluminum alloy. It can be expanded to about 49cm length for selfie purposes. Though its length may not be enough (for some) for selfie or groufie, for me it still serves it purpose. It weighs 157 grams (approximately), length of almost 19cm (because it is foldable!) so it is quite an ideal travel accessory. This supports the Bluetooth 3.0 and compatible to Androids 4.3 and higher also in iOS 5.0 and higher.

Horizontal view with a ruler underneath for your length purposes.

This is where you put your cellphone for selfie, portrait and video purpose.

To connect this open your Bluetooth in your phone, then the Bluetooth receiver (pressing the ‘MI’ button up front for about 2 seconds), the selfie stick will appear as ‘XMZPG’ in your phone’s Bluetooth settings, just select this, connect and its ready to use!

The Bluetooth Receiver, small but the build is great.

At the bottom part is a micro usb port for recharging of the reciever.The build quality of this selfie stick / tripod is what makes it stand out among the previous ones (which are much cheaper) that I have owned. The handle on this is slightly thicker due it housing the tripod, personally having a smaller hands I find this easier to grip and hold onto.

The rubber end of the stick which serves its purpose when used as a tripod

I'm holding this selfie stick on its maximum length. Feels sturdy.

Sample photo the stick mounted on a rock, while I'm holding the Bluetooth receiver.

One of our group pict in our Summer Getaway

Groufie

Team Castle portrait under a scorching heat lol!

When using this as a tripod, this height for me is the ideal one as it gets a little shaky when reached the maximum length especially outdoors due to wind resistance. My time lapse video using this as a tripod can be viewed on my Instagram account.

Would I recommend this? Of course I would!

One thing, others may find that lacking on this is its length, because it is shorter that your regular selfie stick. BUT, this surely make up for its build and quality that will surely last longer than your regular selfie stick out there.

This cost Php799.00  and is available on (ALL) Official Mi Stores.

Thank you for dropping by!
God bless everyone!

2019-05-29 02:14:21
Favorites11 RateRate

Master Bunny

Andrea3777 | from Mi MIX 2S

I think it is a good product with a good price.
Thanks for the review!
2019-05-30 10:52:37
Andrea3777 replied at 2019-05-30 22:52:37
Thanks for the review!

Indeed! Thank you for dropping by!
2019-05-30 22:18:02
Be Good. Be Kind. Be Happy.
#TeamCastle
IG @nettecastle
Twitter: NetteCastle

Rookie Bunny

chris laragan | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

Andrea3777
Thanks for the review!

how much kaya yan
2019-05-31 03:26:39

Intern Moderator

NetteCastle Author | from MI 8 Lite

chris laragan
how much kaya yan

Only Php799.00 sir in our Mi Official Stores
2019-06-01 10:12:52
#TeamCastle
IG @nettecastle

Semi Pro Bunny

rmtwarrior | from app

Picture pa lang, alam ko na ang ganda ng quality nito
2019-06-01 18:52:21

Advanced Bunny

gennechrist | from Redmi Note 5A

where i get this
2019-06-01 21:47:20

Intern Moderator

rmtwarrior
Picture pa lang, alam ko na ang ganda ng quality nito

thank you! yup it's more sturdy and reliable than your ordinary tripod or selfie stick.
2019-06-01 22:18:07
#TeamCastle
IG @nettecastle

Intern Moderator

gennechrist
where i get this

it is available on all official Mi Stores
2019-06-01 22:19:03