In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Smart Home

[Tips & Tricks] Make Your Home Smart! A Guide For You To Live In Xiaomi Smart Home

2019-05-30 10:21:24
916 10
Hi Mi fans!

Have you ever imagined what your life will be like in the future?

When you get home, the lights will turn on and the curtains will close automatically. The TV start to broadcast your favorite programs and the air conditioner has adjusted to a comfortable temperature. All you need to do is lie on the sofa and relax yourself. All of this is automatic. You don't have to do anything and the home knows what you're going to do next.

This is a smart home, and now Xiaomi has made it happen.

Mi Home app

Mi Home app is a manager of your Xiaomi Smart Home, which you have to install first. You can control all of your devices by this app. When signing in, you have to select your region. And then you can add devices and connect devices to each other.

Anyways, let's come back to the topic. Here are some devices you must have if you want to own a Xiaomi Smart Home.

Mi Smart Sensor Set

If you want make a smart home, you will need Mi Smart Sensor Set, which consists of three parts: Mi Control Hub, Mi Window and Door Sensor, Mi Wireless Switch.

Mi Control Hub is like the brain of your smart home ecosystem. Pair it with your other Mi Home devices and set rules for their behavior. You can even set up a chain reaction of commands. It can turn your lights automatically as you come home. If the door or window is opened, you'll be alerted by the Mi Home Gateway alarm and your phone. Moreover, Mi Wireless Switch can help you control multiple devices with one switch. All of those makes your life easier and safer.

Mi Home Security Camera 360°1080P

Do you want to monitor who step in the house, or every movement in the room ?  Mi Home Security Camera 360°1080P would fit in just fine.

The dual motor head enables the camera to rotate and capture a full 360° horizontal view and 96° vertical view, which means full home protection. This camera is very versatile because it allows us to control anywhere in your room. Through the integration of deep learning technology and focused optimization of the algorithms and network software, the camera is able to accurately determine when to alert you and notifies you on your phone.
Mi LED Smart Bulb

Do you want to make your home more colorful? Mi LED Smart Bulb is such a efficient, inexpensive and convenient device you need. It supports 16 million colours and a colour temperature range of 1700K to 6500K. With simply touch and slide, you can adjust brightness and colors as you preferred.

Special lights design provides you different personalisation. Lower temperatures tinge yellow, giving off a warm hue that's perfect for relaxation. Higher temperatures give off a cool white that's fit to inspire and bring life to the party. What's more, Mi LED Smart Bulb supports voice control, allowing you to step right into the age of smart lighting. It is really convenient for you to operate it.

Mi Air Purifier 2

Now, let's assume we just stepped inside the house. What kind of air do you want in the house? Dirty air or nice fresh air? That’s the need for the Mi Air Purifier 2, which is a device responsible for purifying the air found in the home.

The Mi Air Purifier 2 is an intelligent product with smart features that make using it to clean the air simply effortless. It comes with a 3 360° triple-layer filter, real-time AQI monitoring and smart remote via Mi Home app. The device is completely in control and you can monitor home air quality from your phone at any time.

So here are some Xiaomi products that can change your home and lifestyle. If you are considering building a smart home ecosystem, these devices will get you started. Actually during the MWC2019, we had showed the Xiaomi Smart Home to our audience. If you haven't seen this video yet, check it out.

Do you have any Xiaomi Smart Home device in your household?  What's the ideal smart life like in your mind? Share your thoughts in comments below!

Thanks go to Kellen_W

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-05-30 10:21:24
Favorites9 RateRate
Nice info
2019-05-31 23:08:50

Süper moderatör

TheDuke Author | from app

thanks.
2019-06-01 02:34:47

SirLukas | from app

I still need to set up my smart sensor set - I just need the robot butler to bring me a cold beer when I open the front door coming home after work...
2019-06-01 03:38:05
SirLukas

Pro Bunny

1817440905 | from app

very nice Smart home
2019-06-03 00:37:47

Advanced Bunny

Deanoo | from app

I have the Mi Home Security Camera 360°1080P looking to get the gateway next so I can expand my smart home devices.

2019-06-04 16:25:17

Süper moderatör

TheDuke Author | from app

I have the Mi Home Security Camera 360°1080P looking to get the gateway next so I can expand my smart home devices.

you won't regret it. it makes life so easy. although when ever you spend a night at someone else's house, don't forget to turn the lights off manually.  it's so easy to forget not every house is a smart house.
2019-06-04 17:08:20

Rookie Bunny

bigwillyling | from app

great read, looking forward to building up my house so something in every room !
2019-06-05 16:43:58
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #8

Rookie Bunny

1739014735 | from app

It would be great if all mi products were compatible. Some lights are only compatible on a Chinese server while others only on an European server. Xiaomi support is useless. They dont even care to reply
2019-07-01 19:42:24
Its the best product of Xiaomi, opens a world of possibilities, to create scenes with a wide variety of Xiaomi products, I have 5 Hubs version China (73 devices) and 1 Hub version European (14 devices). I have already been able to add a temperature sensor and a fire sensor to the European version.

2019-08-06 19:09:28

Normas del Foro Oficial de Xiaomi, Mi Community http://c.mi.com/thread-1765153-1-0.html