In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Discussion] pubg mobile touch issue on MIUI global beta 9.5.17

2019-05-23 14:24:33
351 9
Hello guys!

So I flashed this latest update this morning and it started out really smooth. Earlier I was on global stable build and I had minor touch issue while typing such as I higher latency while typing the key "l" repeatedly. Pubg was not that good I had weird ghost touch and other issue such as getting stuck and aim going haywire etc.

After this update, pubg has gone worse. The most funny thing is that while playing pubg my joystick stars moving in random direction WITHOUT ME EVEN TOUCHING THE SCREEN. I mean, just hovering my thumb over the screen makes the joystick move for utterly no reason and I don't get it. How the hell can this screen respond simply by hovering my thumb over it without even touching the panel? As weird as it sounds, this only happens in pubg and the touch is fine everywhere else.

While trying to troubleshoot this issue, I figured out that this weird bug is caused by touching the screen at one spot for longer period of times (like when playing pubg) because rotating the screen and thereby flipping the controls temporarily fixes this issue. That's because rotating screen causes the controls to change the physical location on panel and this somehow fixes the issue for a while until it starts happening again and i have to rotate screen again.

This rotating screen in the middle of game is goddamn annoying and I don't know what on earth is going on under the panel of this phone!

Next I'm planning on flashing custom mod/kernel and see if it fixes this issue for me. My hopes are not that high at this point because everything indicates that it has to be a freaking hardware issue and no amount of software updates from xiaomi end can probably fix this. I hope I'm wrong for all our sakes.
2019-05-23 14:24:33
Favorites RateRate
Please submit bug report with logs via Feedback app so devs can look in to it.
2019-05-23 21:40:21
MIUI Device Team l POCOPHONE F1

Rookie Bunny

6193046728 Author | from app

JBJ2
Please submit bug report with logs via Feedback app so devs can look in to it.

Just did that
2019-05-23 22:56:35

Advanced Bunny

suritsuwal | from app

well I'm on oos rom and older vendor/firmware and it happened to me today. so it could be game issue or hardware problem. don't think its gonna be solved by changing roms
2019-05-24 04:12:17

Rookie Bunny

1642259409 | from app

I too have this aim going everywhere issue. Having it from last 3 updates. Dunno if its game or this phone. But it sucks. And touch was better 4-5 updates ago. Last few updates r really bad.
2019-05-24 07:32:11

Rookie Bunny

suritsuwal
well I'm on oos rom and older vendor/firmware and it happened to me today. so it could be game issue or hardware problem. don't think its gonna be solved by changing roms

It actually did. After putting up with all the crappy touch screen issues on official miui stable and beta mods I finally quit and flashed custom rom (pixel experience) on my poco. And not only is it way cleaner and faster but it has actually completly fixed ALL MY TOUCH ISSUES 100%.

I would advice anyone who's having same touch issues as me to simply flash PE on their devices and enjoy smooth buttery experience
2019-05-24 08:05:57

Rookie Bunny

I too have this aim going everywhere issue. Having it from last 3 updates. Dunno if its game or this phone. But it sucks. And touch was better 4-5 updates ago. Last few updates r really bad.

I got my game and all other issues completely fixed by flashing custom rom i.e. Pixel experience rom from xda. I would suggest you to do the same if you want to enjoy pubg with complete peace of mind
2019-05-24 08:07:18

Advanced Bunny

suritsuwal | from app

It actually did. After putting up with all the crappy touch screen issues on official miui stable and beta mods I finally quit and flashed custom rom (pixel experience) on my poco. And not only is it way cleaner and faster but it has actually completly fixed ALL MY TOUCH ISSUES 100%.

I would advice anyone who's having same touch issues as me to simply flash PE on their devices and enjoy smooth buttery experience

good to know
2019-05-24 10:52:39

Advanced Bunny

1579319625 | from app

I got my game and all other issues completely fixed by flashing custom rom i.e. Pixel experience rom from xda. I would suggest you to do the same if you want to enjoy pubg with complete peace of mind

can you please confirm that with this app. it can show if multi touch registers properly or not.
2019-05-25 09:10:55

Rookie Bunny

can you please confirm that with this app. it can show if multi touch registers properly or not.

This app shows the same results as it did back when I was on the beta build. The third streak is always thinner than the first two. That said, being on this PE rom I have no issues whatsoever while playing pubg whereas the beta or even the stable miui rom wasn't working on my device
2019-05-26 11:10:38