In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Discussion] ANT+ missing in android 9

2019-05-23 03:47:31
236 3
There is some news / breakthrough about the function ANT + disappeared in andorid 9. It is not easy to find information because it is a function that is little used in the POCO F1. Basically ANT + is a sensor / communication protocol with mainly sports accessories. Up to Android 8 the hardware and the function was present in the phone. With android 9 it is as if the hardware had disappeared, so the function is not usable.
2019-05-23 03:47:31
Favorites1 RateRate
So what is your main question?
Please rephrase your thread so can help you better.
2019-05-23 05:39:52
MIUI Device Team l POCOPHONE F1

happybuddhist | from app

I believe this is not just the case with POCO F1. It seems Google has disconnected ANT+ in Pie. If you do a simple research in Google, you'll know. I've read numerous threads relating to this from OnePlus, Nokia and other devices too,ever since Pie came out. Even the ANT forum has many threads related to this.

The unfortunate thing is, there is no clear explanation as to why this happened. It is not that the hardware has disappeared with the update (that's bonkers), but something in the OS doesn't read (connect to) the component anymore. It might be some missing libs, or something in the framework itself. Either way, the support is no longer present.

This is a topic for discussion on a larger scale, not just related to the device. Google would be the best source of information on this regard though.

Cheers! :-)
2019-05-23 06:31:17

Rookie Bunny

1761861477 Author | from app

I agree with all that you say, but I think it is the manufacturer who should ask Google for explanations.  the end user only wants the product to work correctly and with all its functions.
2019-05-23 16:02:45