In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Q&A] CPU Bug 100% usage

2019-05-21 16:13:08
714 33
Hello! I have a problem with the processor frequency, it's always at 100% usage. That's why the phone goes slowly, for example, it takes about 20 seconds to open the "Options" application.
I did factory reset but failed.
Even my old phone with an SD801 goes better.

Thank you for your attention

2019-05-21 16:13:08
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

ASCIIker | from Redmi Note 5

what is the vendor/model of the fingerprint sensor in your unit?
2019-05-21 16:22:55

Rookie Bunny

elpatato Author | from app

ASCIIker
what is the vendor/model of the fingerprint sensor in your unit?

Hi! My phone has the "Fpc" sensor.
2019-05-21 16:35:48

Advanced Bunny

ASCIIker | from Redmi Note 5

right, fingerprint can't be the cause of your high cpu usage. some combinations of xiaomi phones and versions of MIUI have had a high cpu usage issue with the other vendor of the fingerprint sensor. i think "fpc" is the "good" one.

so i guess you should try to determine which process(es)/app(s) is/are hogging the cpu...?
2019-05-21 19:06:15
Hello,

Did you try to flash ROM via fastboot?

Which ROM are you using now?
2019-05-21 23:46:54

Rookie Bunny

ASCIIker
right, fingerprint can't be the cause of your high cpu usage. some combinations of xiaomi phones and versions of MIUI have had a high cpu usage issue with the other vendor of the fingerprint sensor. i think "fpc" is the "good" one.

so i guess you should try to determine which process(es)/app(s) is/are hogging the cpu...?

Hello! I do not think they are the apps problem because when I did the factory reset I had the same problem, even if I deactivate the fingerprint sensor I have the same problem.
2019-05-22 02:04:47

Rookie Bunny

Muz_paray
Hello,

Did you try to flash ROM via fastboot?

Hello! I have do not want to flash ROM via fastboot because I do not want to lose the guarantee. I have version 10.3.1.0 (OEIMIXM) MIUI Global Stable.
2019-05-22 02:10:39

Device team

[John_Doe] | from Redmi Note 5

With the 100% CPU Usage, it's a known Thing ! A Lot of Users Had reported it already, but no One Had any negative Effects because of it ! Also I read somewhere that with Android 8 or 8.1 there is a Security Feature that doesn't allow Third Party Apps to enter the Cores, so the shown results are probably wrong ! I wouldn't pay it so much Attention...
2019-05-22 02:17:29
just a side note the CPU temp is kind of low for 100% of CPU core demand imo
2019-05-22 02:23:30

Rookie Bunny

[John_Doe]
With the 100% CPU Usage, it's a known Thing ! A Lot of Users Had reported it already, but no One Had any negative Effects because of it ! Also I read somewhere that with Android 8 or 8.1 there is a Security Feature that doesn't allow Third Party Apps to enter the Cores, so the shown results are probably wrong ! I wouldn't pay it so much Attention...

Hello! I should care because the phone runs
very slowly, for example when I open "Google Chrome" it takes about 3 minutes to open.
2019-05-22 02:26:57

Device team

[John_Doe] | from Redmi Note 5

elpatato
Hello! I should care because the phone runs
very slowly, for example when I open "Google Chrome" it takes about 3 minutes to open.

That Your Phone runs so slow, it was Always Like this, or since the 10.3.1 Update ... ??
2019-05-22 02:52:33