Mi 5

[ROM] MIUI 8.2.2 - MI5 - The Worst ROM Ever - Xiaomi give an actual stable release.

2017-05-14 13:39:58
8042 122

The recent update for MI 5 i.e. MIUI 8.2.2 is the worst possible ROM ever created for any phone. It is so extremely ridiculous that not even a single Beta ROM that I ever used has this much bugs. Apologies to make you all aware so late, but I wanted to collect as much issues as I can.

If you are lucky enough to not to update to this pathetic ROM, just forget it. There are tons of issues in this rubbish ROM.

I hope that I am gonna cover most of the issues with this ROM, If not please add your problems in the comments

The issues mentioned below are extremely annoying and ridiculous.

1. Very first thing is 2 cores out of 4 are not working. Phone is now slower.

2. Heating is much more now and battery backup is considerably reduced. It feels like my MI 5 has a new hobby of heating up, sometimes I pull my phone out of my pocket and receive a notification of overheating.

It feels some times I can make omelette over it. Heating while charging is also pretty much increased from previous ROM. It feels unsafe to use phone while charging as it feels like it can explode.

3. Need to start the phone approximately twice a day, Phone hardly survives over 14 hrs without a reboot.
Almost all the apps including camera do not responds after 14 hrs. Unfortunately I had to take pics with my other phone here as even taking a screenshot option gets disabled at that time.

4. Net speed throttling happens all the time when connected to WIFI and ocassionally on 4g. The speed gets restricted to 30-40 kbps on WIFI, need to disconnect and reconnect to make wifi work just for a couple of minutes then speed slows down again.

5. The ROM is very moody, it depends on it's mood whether it wants to ring or not. I miss at least one call daily due to this unique feature of this incredibly great ROM.
Same is the case with the notifications, I almost forgot what was the notification sound for whatsapp.

6. One more great feature of this ROM is turning display on whenever it wants to be, generally it happens on notifications but I start noticing that it very frequently turns on randomly without notifications. There is no option to disable screen wake on new notifications like earlier ROM.

7. Audio over bluetooth is horrible, 4 out of 5 times audio stutter horribly when connected. Now volume of MI bluetooth speaker and phone are separate, need to adjust both of them; earlier volume control was unified. Sample bluetooth playback is attached below.

Play here :
Download : 9.33PM, May 14.mp3 (84.28 KB, Downloads: 21)

8. Chrome Problem- Whenever I copy a link on chrome this happens- the thick black bar between chrome and notification bar, and it gets stuck there until I force close chrome.

9. Most of the time screen does not wake up for like 30 seconds after scanning the finger, even after the sound comes of unlocking.

10. Device listed as uncertified and I had problem with verification of my purchase. Maybe its not a coincidence.

11. The great developers some how managed to remove most of the useful features like multiwindow of Nougat from this ROM, Its impossible for me to understand the mentality of developers behind coming up with this BugMania.

It is a sincere request to all the readers to show your support to this thread and comment your problems here so that blind developers of this ROM should see it. And release an actual stable ROM. Although I am hoping a faster update to these problems from previous two months, but we all know how sluggish developers are in MIUI Updates. This my first time ever I am so annoyed on Xiaomi, and there is hardly a day spent since the update, when I haven't cursed this ROM (and people behind it).

But seriously developers if there is any self respect left in you guys give a stable update soon.

2017-05-14 13:39:58
Favorites12 RateRate
I agree with this...not the best Update given...i feel I should not have updated..
2017-05-14 13:58:30
thanks for the information, i will skip this update. i will directly do the next update
2017-05-14 14:07:32

โปร บันนี่

SlytherJack | from Redmi Note 3

Thanks for the information pal.
2017-05-14 14:29:57
I'm facing also some bugs in redmi note 3 after updating to miui 8.2.3.0   .. Camera quality also disappointing me after update
2017-05-14 15:00:03
it's all the same here.. I am actually thinking to move towards lineage is now. it's been more than two months and seems like nobody is listening
2017-05-14 15:59:21
same problem here
2017-05-14 16:11:05
when I open a application the screen becomes white and camera becomes horrible after 8.2.2,I m planning for one plus 5,still not getting any update.i think mi not interested in indian people they only interested to flash sale n fool indian people.
2017-05-14 16:40:34

โปร บันนี่

Adil husain | from Redmi Note 3

my suggestion is flash devloper ROM that's much better
2017-05-14 16:48:22
Language please!
2017-05-14 17:01:17
yeah that's good thread
2017-05-14 18:45:36
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies