In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[Q&A] Help ,usb transfer does not work on my mac

2019-05-19 16:30:25
162 7
I tried all the tricks i read on the forums but to no avail,  usb debugging did not help, developper option neither.
I can see the folders in android file transfer but when I try to transfer from  my mac to the phone it stops at 1kb then gives me a failed to transfer notification.
Thank you for your time, my other phones work fine.
2019-05-19 16:30:25
Favorites RateRate
I use the app handshaker for this - works well here via wifi and USB and also both on Windows and MacOS.
2019-05-20 02:33:45

Rookie Bunny

grrrr Author |

JoVo008 replied at 2019-05-20 08:33:45
I use the app handshaker for this - works well here via wifi and USB and also both on Windows and MacOS.

Handshaker looks terrible, i am not using that, I disinstalled it immediately . Android file transfer MUST work or this phone is junk, it s one or the other

2019-05-20 04:26:00

Rookie Bunny

grrrr Author |

grrrr replied at 2019-05-20 10:26:00
Handshaker looks terrible, i am not using that, I disinstalled it immediately . Androis file transfer MUST work or this phone is junk, it s one or the other

I got it to work and got some music on my phone but don't ask me how, i connected to my MI account which i try not to use ( I have a google account so why 2?) and i uploaded music through bluetooth which takes ages and then it accepted transfer via usb. Now it s the movies I can not transfer to my phone, same bug: 1kb and then it freezes. Maybe it needs something in the folder first to make it work?
2019-05-20 04:33:15
grrrr replied at 2019-05-20 10:26:00
Handshaker looks terrible, i am not using that, I disinstalled it immediately . Android file transfer MUST work or this phone is junk, it s one or the other

Sorry, but if at all this absolutely inferior Android file transfer MacOS app is junk. Slow, incompatible with quite some devices, no wifi/Network transfer, not been updated since ages,...

I also use handshaker on my Huawei tablet and another cheap Android phone because of this.
2019-05-20 05:15:42

Rookie Bunny

grrrr Author |

Android file transfer is simple and does what it s supposed to: a file browser. It has to work but how? I guess it s a stupid problem, i think the filenames and folder names can be an issue. Maybe they need to have something inside  before i try to transfer?
I will try with the movies.
2019-05-21 16:08:10

Rookie Bunny

grrrr Author |

And by the way Handshaker does not work either, the problem  lies elsewhere
2019-05-22 13:11:04
Did you try another cable? Or try with handshaker via WIFI (which is with 5G as fast as the lackluster USB2 port of the Mi8).

what option have you set for USB connection on the phone?
P.S: Oh, and what Mac - those older Macs do have quite some USB compatibility problems on their side as well. Drove me nearly insane when coppying LARGE data from one disk to another and persisted over several major MacOS revisions on my mini late 2012 and seems only solved now with my new Mini 2018
2019-05-22 16:01:05