In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Q&A] need help with updating Miui EU on my poco

2019-05-10 11:18:43
172 3
Since the new update came out I saw post on EU about 9.5.9 and downloaded it

But thing is how do I update it manually through update app?

And why doesn't update app give me update in general, is it because u have to do things manually or what?
2019-05-10 11:18:43
Favorites RateRate

happybuddhist | from app

Are you currently on EU? If not, you cannot update it.

EU ROM is a custom ROM based on China ROM. You cannot switch from Global to EU as you would from Stable to Beta (or vice versa). You need to unlock the bootloader and flash it via TWRP, just like any other custom ROM.
Also, EU ROMs are not supported here. You can get support in XDA and/or https://xiaomi.eu/community/

If you are on Global channel, then kindly wait for the update to roll out. It should be available soon.

Cheers! :-)

2019-05-10 11:26:57

Master Bunny

RedFox12 | from app

You can update through updater app using the package you downloaded but you will have to reroot if you previously had root
2019-05-10 21:20:12

happybuddhist | from app

RedFox12
You can update through updater app using the package you downloaded but you will have to reroot if y ...

That's applicable only if you are already in EU ROM, right? For moving from Global to EU, you have to use TWRP. Plus, with custom ROM, it's always better to flash ROM via TWRP and flash DFE to keep root and TWRP to the system.
2019-05-10 21:39:49