In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Q&A] MIUI 10 things i'd like to change

2019-05-09 11:44:51
265 10
Hi

So i've recently updated to MIUI 10 on my Pocophone F1, because i had some bugs on the latest MIUI 9 version, like no data usage details, bluetooth problems, the clock on the lock menu was behind the camera notch... and some others...

BUT i sincerely HATE MIUI 10, i hate the notifications window, and specially the recent menu window.... this is just aweful that hurts my daily performance o.e

so:
1) how to change these layouts? any way? please? like bring back the old recent menu window! T_T
2) Flash light won't turn off with the "lock button" anymore
3) i cannot find the option to skip the lock screen directly to password, is it gone?
999) if none of the above can be fixed... HOW TO ROLL BACK OMG

thanks

2019-05-09 11:44:51
Favorites1 RateRate
1. UI Design was one of the major changes made in MIUI 10. The recent menu, notification panel, quick toggles, and pretty much everything has been redesigned. The older UI is no longer available. You may try some old looking themes, but check for compatibility.

2. It works without issues in 10.3.4.0 Stable. The first press actually locks the screen (if you want just the flash and not the screen) and the second press will turn off the flash.

3. Swipe up to get to password entry.

If you want to roll back, unlock bootloader and flash fastboot ROM via Mi Flash Tool.

Cheers! :-)
2019-05-09 12:06:28
double click powerbutton to start flash light
2019-05-09 13:20:05

Advanced Bunny

GozUer Author | from app

happybuddhist
1. UI Design was one of the major changes made in MIUI 10. The recent menu, notification panel, quic ...

Thanks for your reply
1) can i change recent window with a theme?
2) flash fixed. was a problem gone with a reboot
3) on MIUI9 when i press the power button it asks instantly the password. now it shows the clock and you have to swipe. i don't want this.
999) yes.. flash it back... i have the rom ready...

4) new problem, the back button on the lower right on full-screen mode changed, it. moved to the right side of the screen.... it's annoying... every time i want to go back i end up on home screen... why so they change these things radically?

only good thing on this is that finally battery has the numeric percentage.... and data usage is back on track...

overall it's not worth it...
i really might rollback... and wait for miui11? sigh...
thanks
2019-05-09 15:24:11
My friends call me "The Xiaomi whiteness" D:
Pocophone F1 + 2x Redmi 4x owner
GozUer replied at 2019-05-10 03:24:11
Thanks for your reply
2) flash fixed. was a problem go ...

Most people including me prefer MIUI 10 than MIUI 9.
It has lastest security patch and a lot of new features compare to MIUI 9.
2019-05-09 19:42:25
MIUI Device Team l POCOPHONE F1
GozUer replied at 2019-05-10 00:54:11
Thanks for your reply
2) flash fixed. was a problem go ...

1. I haven't tried it, but you might want to search for themes that look like MIUI 9. Most themes will be having the same design as 10, so you might have to search a bit in the Themes store and also in Themes section in Community.

2. Alright.

3. Well, this is intended to show you the notifications in lockscreen, if any. If you don't want that, then you can straight away use fingerprint to bypass it all and go straight to homescreen itself.

999. Method mentioned in previous comment.

4. Do you mean the navigation buttons are swapped? Go to Settings » Full screen display » turn off Mirror buttons.

Most are just cosmetic changes only. Under the hood, it's pretty much the same, with just some AI preloading and stuffs. Other than that, it's not so different. Yes, some options are moved and/or changed, but that's expected in every version update, right? The same will happen with MIUI 11 too. New icons, new look and feel are all expected.

2019-05-09 19:49:26

Advanced Bunny

GozUer Author |

happybuddhist replied at 2019-05-10 00:49:26
1. I haven't tried it, but you might want to search for themes that look like MIUI 9. Most themes  ...

Thanks for your help everyone,
I am really quite disappointed with this unfortunately...
It does have more features, more up to date features including better AI camera and stuff, but...
There are a lot of bad aspects that i cannot live with...
For me MIUI9 wins for now.
Sorry for the trouble.

Cheers everyone!
2019-05-09 20:23:08

happybuddhist | from app

GozUer
Thanks for your help everyone,
I am really quite disappointed with this unfortunately...
It does h ...

Haha. Don't worry. It's all personal preferences. It's your phone, so you would want it to be the way you like it. If you are better off with MIUI 9, then go for it.

2019-05-09 21:02:03

Advanced Bunny

GozUer Author |

happybuddhist replied at 2019-05-10 02:02:03
Haha. Don't worry. It's all personal preferences. It's your phone, so you would want it to be the  ...

MIUI10 does't allow to select local update? the option is gone... is this normal?
Thanks
2019-05-10 12:04:32

happybuddhist | from app

GozUer
MIUI10 does't allow to select local update? the option is gone... is this normal?
Thanks

It does. Click on the '10' logo 10 times to enable the hidden options in the updater app.

2019-05-10 12:05:39

Advanced Bunny

GozUer Author |

happybuddhist replied at 2019-05-10 17:05:39
It does. Click on the '10' logo 10 times to enable the hidden options in the updater app.

Cheers! ...

Thanks mate ;) you're a genious
2019-05-10 12:16:03