In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Q&A] Call quality horrible after update

2019-05-07 18:41:13
544 8
Hello all,

I recently downloaded V10.3.4.0. from the web as I could not wait for the update to appear in miui. After the update my call quality is horible.

I can unlock my device today according to the unlock too, is just flashing the fastboot image enough to restore the firmware?

I would like to wipe everything and reinstall the orginal firmware so i have my original call quality

please help
2019-05-07 18:41:13
Favorites1 RateRate
Are you talking about echo sound during calling becuase of noise cancelling mic and main mic are working wrongly?
If yes, maybe you can install beta rom since it has solved in beta roms now. You can install it without unlocking your device.
Or you can wait for next stable which is expected to be release on June.
2019-05-07 19:17:01
MIUI Device Team l POCOPHONE F1

Rookie Bunny

1744942347 Author |

can I just downgrade?
2019-05-07 19:40:02

Rookie Bunny

1744942347 Author |

The other people I call are always complaining about the echo or the bad quality of the phone call ever since the update
2019-05-07 19:46:46

Bug Hunter Team

Sampath madurai | from Redmi Note 4

Dear user
Thanks for your report, kindly do CIT Test Manually for Mic, Speaker and Ringer if it's Ok visit nearest Mi service centre they will assist you.
Thanks
2019-05-07 19:55:42

happybuddhist | from app

can I just downgrade?

For downgrade, you'll need to unlock bootloader. To switch to Beta however, you can do it without unlocking the bootloader. Just download the full ROM and flash it via the updater app. The echo issue has been fixed in 9.4.18 Beta and up. It's pretty Stable for daily use. In fact, many users prefer Beta over Stable for faster bug fixes and feature updates.

If you plan to downgrade, unlock your bootloader and flash fastboot ROM via Mi Flash tool. Do note that if you want to flash the latest stable, there is no fastboot ROM available yet. So you'll have to stick with 10.2.3.0 Stable. Else, you can wait for the next Stable, but it may take a month.

Cheers! :-)
2019-05-07 20:01:02
You are lucky for having only some echo and bad call quality. In my case, other people always complaining about voice breaks in the call and sometimes even calls are disconnecting automatically even though i have 4G+ signals. For getting clear call quality, i have to disconnect the call 1 2 times and then only it is working fine.
2019-05-09 15:43:09

Advanced Bunny

Trught | from app

Why xiaomi not fix this heavy bugs with some kind hotfix? Users must wait month or more for complete new global version, probably fix is patch mixer config, or change fixed binary files.
2019-05-11 00:41:12
Trught replied at 2019-05-10 22:11:12
Why xiaomi not fix this heavy bugs with some kind hotfix? Users must wait month or more for complete ...

The Correct question Why Dev of Xiaomi they fix it, in some beta and they broke it in other betas..... Totally not professional and very big disappointment from one company like Xiaomi.... that HUGE issue you never see it in other BIG mobile Companys... and we say Mobile because we speak about PHONE.... when you lance one phone and you make so BIG mistake with Software is like you stop to support that you sell.... because is not work correct anymore....
sorry again for my hard words but i have disappointment very much with Xiaomi.... and i have 4 phones.... and allready search to sell the 3 because of totaly bad support on software

History: Echo issue / Bad Quality Voice:

Stable Versions:
10.2.2 it was ok
10.3.4 Start the BUG echo issue / bad quality with the 2 mic cancelation

Beta Versions:
9.3.28: BUG echo issue / bad quality with the 2 mic cancelation
9.4.12:  Still Exist BUG echo issue / bad quality with the 2 mic cancelation
9.4.18: BUG ECHO and Bad Quality with the 2 mic cancelation is FIXED (we was make party :P)
9.4.25 BUG ECHO START AGAIN with MUCH more bad way
9.4.26 BUG ECHO Bad Quality With the 2 Mic cancelation is RE-FIXED (we go and we make again party :P)

Last Beta: 9.5.9 BUG ECHO START AGAIN like never was fixed...........

So the only solution right now is to DOWNGRADE to Beta 9.4.26 and stay for ever there (because after so much months Xiaomi Dev they repait the same bug on theyr Beta Roms... and they have leave one Stable Rom with that bug for months....)

Post With The issue: https://c.mi.com/thread-1894332-1-0.html

2019-05-11 00:53:19