In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2/Lite

[Other] What do you think about how Xiaomi managed their AndroidOne device?

2019-03-15 10:54:46
3422 39
Hello there,
Mi A2 series is my first xiaomi phone. Why i buy it? Because it's a part of AndroidOne and I'm not a fan of MIUI honestly.

So, after a pretty long time using this device i personally didn't have a real deal issues with this device. But, i notice there are several problems with the software area.

Just like Bootloop issues on an official OTA update, Bug fixed but also bringing other new bug, OTA pulled back without giving any information, and throwback when P beta Program out and they didn't even share any news/update regarding that program (you can also read on P Preview section that a member telling how's beta program managed awfully)

Well, I hope they also can be more active and concern on their AndroidOne devices, just like how they manage MIUI. I believe they can do it.

That's my opinion, what about you? Let's discuss it. ;)

Thanks.
Single Poll thread Total 197 Users Voted

80.71% (159)
Submit
2019-03-15 10:54:46
Favorites2 RateRate
They released the March update to Jasmine and Daisy just to take it offline hours later.

They need to get this update out ASAP.
2019-03-15 11:19:37
Get the update out for everyone this time.
Not Just a handful of devices.
2019-03-15 11:20:45
I totally agree with you.

They are only focusing on their UI which is MIUI. They are managing their AndroidOne device like sh*t, they dont even testing Monthly update before release, as you know Mi A2 users are facing many issues like bootloop, 4G, etc... (they didnot even ready to fix it asap, they try to fix at next month's update and not even sure if they fix).

2019-03-15 11:21:35
If they continue releasing updates this slow, I'm switching to HMD/Nokia.
2019-03-15 11:31:39

Pro Bunny

Galileo99 Author | from app

Yeah, i think nokia is better in this case
2019-03-15 11:54:16

Rookie Bunny

1626638379 | from app

Updates are in place every month. People who got fake phones AKA mi6x with android one are causing xiaomi to revoke updates for everybody.
2019-03-15 13:53:46

Rookie Bunny

1626638379 | from app

People who had bootloop have REFLASHED MI6X BY SELLER WITH FUNKED UP BOOTLOADER.

Too bad there was only 1 human smart enough to figure it out with fastboot getvar product that they got scamed. All the other 99% go rant on xiaomi for bootlooping there phones. ROFL
2019-03-15 14:00:24

Pro Bunny

@CoreRP Is people not smart enough to buy a phone on Authorized/official Mi Store with guaranteed original products? ?
2019-03-15 19:14:08

Pro Bunny

@CoreRP actually it's not only about Update stuff, how they managed and handling their AndroidOne device that still need an improvement. For update, obviously they should push it every month, if they not doing that, i think they still not ready yet for an AndroidOne device.

Best Solutions for reflashed 6X case, next time when they make a Phone with AndroidOne, they should make only make 1 type of a phone, i mean here there is no 6x and A2 or 6 pro with A2 Lite. (Same Hardware running different OS and Bootloader).

Too bad they didn't realize their decisions  now bring problems to their consumers and xiaomi itself.
2019-03-15 19:35:22
I get the March update on my Mi A2, but i didn't know they pulled out again. Most probably, they will not release another update immediately, like what happen to the last January Patch. Those who never get the update, it will be April patch soon for them. Sadly I never expect the Xiaomi developer's treat Android One Phone's as like their MIUI products. If I only read the previous failure what they done in Mi A1 and then rather I chose Nokia Phones instead (well It's too late for me).
2019-03-15 23:07:16