In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Pad 4

[Review] Having to wait for X days to unlock the boot loader is ridiculous

2019-01-01 00:42:52 Edit Delete
384 2
This post was edited by jeffhatemiui at 05:05, Jan-02-2019

I just bought 3 new Mi Pad 4 tablets for my children.
Within minutes of starting one up I decided that MIUI is not going to work and I want to put a "standard" Android ROM on it.
I've spent my entire evening following writeup after writeup to unlock just one of these tablets.
Now it's telling me I have to wait 359 hours to just unlock one of these? What idiotic manager thought this was ok? Are the people at Xiaomi retarded? Because that's the ONLY justification I can come up with. Then I read I can only unlock one per month. That's even worse.

I'm on the verge of returning them if I can't figure out a solution.
I'm in the process of writing reviews on the sites that sell them. They will all be negative reviews. People should be aware that these are not worth the money.

2019-01-01 00:42:52
Favorites

To any Xiaomi or MiUi employees reading... Please note, every hour I have to wait to unlock these 3 is another negative review posted out there.
2019-01-01 16:58:55

Rookie Bunny

sh.shah | from app

Just wait. Complaining and writing negative reviews solves nothing really. I'd like you to complain to Apple about their products being non-customisable.

Most companies require you to wait. Some require you to request an unlock key. Xiaomi have made it simple, just be patient.
2019-01-07 00:47:30