In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Other] Snapchat Camera Sound can't be disabled

2018-11-15 16:17:48
150 2
Hello together. Since I got my RN5 Pro, the Snapchat Camera Shutter sound can't be disabled. Of course my ringtone, and so on is muted. Sometimes, the SC Camera doesn't make a sound, but no later than after a restart, the sound is turned on again. I don't see any logic in when the sound is disabled and when not. Also there's no option in SC settings which allow me to mute the sound.

Maybe someone else has the same problem or even a solution or a workaround.

Greetings Philipp
2018-11-15 16:17:48
Favorites1 RateRate
Same here, can't even use the phone as a dashcam using appropriate apps because of it. Outrageous. It's not safe to drive like that.

Known issue since 2015 (at least), seems like it's time for a fix:

http://en.miui.com/thread-76654-1-1.html#post_1545509
2019-05-20 23:24:47

Device team

[John_Doe] | from Redmi Note 5

I don't use Snapchat, is it the Same Shutter Sound Like the Camera App, try to disable the Camera Sound in the Camera App !
2019-05-21 00:25:04