In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Band 3

[Discussion] [FEATURE REQUEST]Mi Band 3 Sleep tracking during the day

2018-10-11 04:51:06
1023 6
This post was edited by ManoharOfficial at 22:50, Oct-11-2018

I'm an insomniac, and I sleep random hours during the day and night. The Mi Band 3 does track sleep during the night, but, not during the day. Is there a way to enable sleep tracking during the day? or even manually enabling it before going to sleep? It would be awesome, thanks.

UPDATE: Had to download 2 different third-party apps to make this work, and still a little cumbersome. Would it be too much to ask for a manual input when I go to sleep during the day? Even if the battery drains faster, auto-detecting sleep during the day should be an option that I could turn on or off. It does it automatically (and very well, I might add) during the night. Why not 24/7?
Adding this feature would make the Mi Band an even more useful tool for me. Thanks.
2018-10-11 04:51:06
Favorites RateRate
I don't think it will do that. I think it tracks when you've spent a significant time asleep. I have the amazfit bip and mi Band 2, and I only have it work when I'm not moving and sleeping at night. I don't think it works for stuff like naps. The best you could get is 24 hour monitoring...

... You COULD try with sleep as android integration using a 3rd party app like Mi Band Tools or Notify and Fitness for Mi Band.
2018-10-11 07:45:44

I tried various 3rd party apps, so far nothing is working out for me. I sleep for 2-4 hours at any time during the day or night. I have a medical condition called insomnia. So, auto sleep tracking or manual trigger of sleep cycle is really a feature that is needed
2018-10-11 10:20:37

Try using the sleep as droid application along with mi band tools or notify and fitness for amazfit to use the heart rate monitor with the sleep as droid app. You can set a sleep as droid app to work when you're ready to sleep.
2018-10-11 12:12:26

Thank you. Really appreciate it. I still think the default Mi-Fit app should be able to do this. I'm a tech nerd, and I think this is way too complex for an end user to g through just for one simple task
2018-10-11 13:15:09

The Default Mi app is lacking a lot of features that it should have, such as loading Heart Rate data to Google Fit or GPS data. Hell, if we could upload to strava like the Amazfit app, that'd be nice too.
2018-10-12 16:36:35

Try Bandage app ;) I work in nightshift and bandage records my sleep at day :)
2018-10-20 19:14:52