In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Review] 2 Month Review of Redmi note 5 AI

2018-08-27 12:25:21
251 1
Redmi note 5 AI ( Global Rom) 4GB RAM 64GB storage version

When i bought the phone it was very fast and very smooth in every task. But there was an issue with the headphone jack. The volume is very low. After that i received 2 MIUI stable updates. The headphone jack isn't fixed in any of the updates. The camera is good but not impressive. Portrait mode is good and gets better with every update. But i am not satisfied with Xioami by the lack of Manual controls in the camera. Low light image qaulity is extremely poor with a significant amount of noise in the picture. Gaming is good but i have faced  a huge graphics issue in PUBG after the game was updated to 0.7 version. It can only be playable using a graphics tool called gfx tool and setting the lowest graphics option. Other high graphics games like Cover fire are working just fine. Overall speed and performance of the phone is good and smooth. Apps are working just fine Snapchat, Viber Facebook and other social apps are very smooth. High end apps like adobe Photoshop, Light room and Microsoft office are impressively good. FHD video playback and display quality is perfect. Call qaulity and Audi recording s are also good. Touch screen is perfect. Speakers are also good. Sensors are working fine although i had few issues of auto rotating in the first few days. But its fixed with MIUI update. And getting back to the headphone jack issue. After searching hours in internet. I found that headphone issue will be fixed if you change the region to India or Hong Kong. By doing so you will get the face unlock feature also which in my opinion Xioami has implemented well. And works awesome. Using AI it gets better as the time goes by. It won't work in complete darkness. But as for now in my phone the face unlock feature works in extreme low light also. The finger print sensor is good. But i had issue few weeks back. It was slow and struggling to verify. But after an update its is fixed and works very good and fast. So after 2 months. I have to say there so much to improve. Specially in camera low light condition + add more manual controls. Also add AI feature for camera. After the 9.6.3 update it looks like Xioami is bringing some more controls but very slowly. A new feature is there in Manual mode you can adjust focus and exposure to two different points in the same image. Potrait mode is also improved. But one bug is there that i found after 9.6.3 update. The camera app takes more time to switch between modes and some times hangs while switching from one mode to another. The last thing i want mention is to optimization of the system and for games. I can see that you guys can optimise much more than this for gaming like in MI Max 3. And also ram management needs to be properly optimised. So far for me no battery draining issue and no charging issue. Hope that Xioami improves camera bugs and better optimization in upcoming updates.
2018-08-27 12:25:21
Favorites1 RateRate
very nice
but it is should better give a SOT and battery status
2018-09-07 12:00:19