In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2/Lite

[Announcement] [WARNING] The Risk of Unlocking and/or Flashing Mi A2 with Mi 6X ROM.

2018-08-08 06:48:35
18974 63
This post was edited by choukawaii at 20:07, Aug-08-2018

Hi Mi A2 users! {:7_250:}

What are the risks of unlocking Xiaomi Mi A2?
  • By unlocking the device you agree that this may bring changes to some parts of the system. These changes may damage the device
  • After the device is unlocked, it becomes less secure and more vulnerable to malware attacks, which may lead to the disclosure and loss of your private data.
  • Some features which require high security level [e.g., Find device, added-value services, etc.] will no longer be available.
  • After the device is unlocked, some features will be changed. Thus, you will no longer be able to receive regular updates and enjoy newest features.

The risks stated above do not fully cover changes which may be brought about by Mi Unlock.

What are the risks of Flashing Mi A2 with Mi 6X ROM?

Due the nature of Android One that using A/B partition [since it's mandatory across all of Android One devices], thus it's also applies to Xiaomi Mi A2 users, and since we got Anti-Rollback policy that applies to Mi 6X, we don't recommend to you to flash Mi 6X ROM to your Mi A2. While it might be similar in specifications, it's a completely different device with different codename.
  • There's high chance that your device might got hard brick
  • Your warranty might be invalid/revoked

Regards.
choukawaii
Xiaomi Mi A2/Lite Management Team
2018-08-08 06:48:35
Favorites10 RateRate

This is not true. You can find your device and you can also receive Updates....

This Text is copy&paste from the MiFlash Tool and it isn't true.. don't know why they didn't change the text already.

What is true? If you lost your device it's easy to delete the data on the phone and it can be used by other persons without any problems.
2018-08-16 23:30:24

Super moderator

Muhammad Ridha A Author | from app

Actually it's funny when you point out the risk of unlocking instead of risk of flashing. Might be good, but it's unnecessary.
2018-08-17 00:02:55
Why don't they just do an official one so people have the choice it is just silly to not offer that.

I dislike android one so now i am stuck with it
2018-08-21 16:55:22
I feel the same i really really hate MIUI and we don't have redmi 6 pro in france, this is really unfair and Android ONE is a really badly made OS compared to MIUI.

Please Xiaomi i beg you to bring a tool to make us able to use the amazing MIUI os.
2018-08-22 03:56:00
Hola, por favor, ayúdame. ¿Hay alguna posibilidad de instalar MIUI 9 ROM en Mi A2? No puedo encontrar la ROM oficial para ese teléfono . Encontré solo el paquete ROM de la versión de Android One . Quiero comprar este teléfono , realmente me gusta el ect de diseño. pero no me gusta toda esta idea de Android One (no me preocupan las actualizaciones anteriores), no me gusta la interfaz, los íconos. Prefiero la superposición del sistema MIUI . ¿Dónde puedo encontrarlo?
2018-08-25 20:46:50

Super moderator

Use English.
2018-08-26 00:32:29

Super moderator

What makes you think that pure AOSP is bad compared to MIUI. It have seamless update, A/B partition, at least 2 cycles of Android upgrade, and more customizable.
2018-08-26 00:34:28

It is missing loads of features.

I have said this many times before this version on this phone is missing even basics like being able to organise contacts only thing it allows is you to order them by first or last name nothing else so if you use other things like whatsapp you end up with same contact multi times without option to merge them or just select contacts from say google.

next the backup feature is broken it may backup contacts and some pics but the data for the apps is lost so you have to mess about re doing them all again.

Another thing it doesn't even have any sound profiles or allow to make them so say i want to cut of all sounds but have vibrate for messages/calls i have to keep messing about manually doing that each time.

I can keep going with so many.
2018-08-27 10:18:33

Rookie Bunny

329781126 | from mobile

I bought a 6x from China the vendor says it is global rom (is there a global rom for 6x?) and now i am having issue with the wifi/mobile gps. I simply cant get any gps signal indoor back in my country.
2018-08-27 10:25:17

Rookie Bunny

entire3d | from app

Android one sucks, i want to break my Mi A2, i didn't know it was Android one rom, i hate Mi A2??
2018-08-28 23:02:01