In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
10. Choose the Path of Xiaomi Folder. Most of the users will find it like this.
Note: - If Folder does not exist, Install MI Flash and check C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash
11. Choose Install this Driver Software anyway.
12. Wait till driver installation successful.
13. The driver will be installed Successfully and you can see added in Ports as Qualcomm HS-USB.
You are ready to flash any ROM on your Redmi Y1
You will need Fastboot ROM. Recovery ROM will not work. If you have already downloaded Fastboot ROM, there is no need to download again.
(File Extension with.Zip file is Recovery ROM, .tgz or .tar file is Fastboot ROM, if it is .tar after download, Rename to .tgz for easy extraction)
You can download latest Fastboot ROM and MI Flash from below link, Old Rom can be downloaded from Redmi Y1 or Redmi Note 5A Prime ROM Section:http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Steps to Flash ROM: -
1. Download ROM from the above link (Which one you want to Flash) and extract it to Desktop or any location on PC (Use Winrar Software to extract).
(Please check if the file suffix is '.tgz'. Please rename it to '.tgz' if the suffix is '.gz or .tar')
2. Download flashing tool from the above link and install it. Once the installation is complete, Run MiFlash application. Click on browse and Select ROM folder from Desktop(From the location where ROM is saved) Note: Use latest Mi Flash Tool only, it will work on both 32 and 64 Bit windows.
3. Press Refresh button to see your device in flashing tool.After pressing refresh button you will see a connected device.
4. Click on Flash and it will start flashing ROM on your device.
Note: Clean All, Save User data options will not work in EDL Mode. If you want to save internal User Data, follow this:
a. Open the ROM folder and find Rawprogram0.xml and edit it with Notepad++
b. Remove/delete the line and save the file.
5. Once flashing process completes, you will see Success Message.
6. Remove the cable and Connect the battery connector to the phone and power it on.
Re-Assemble Phone in Power off Mode.
The device will start, wait until completion, it can take up to 10-20 minutes.
Thanks to Admins and Other Fellow Team Mates for Support.