In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Discussion] Is rooting Safe today?

2019-04-17 20:13:28
385 9
Hey Guys I just wanted to ask the community if it's safe to root the Pocophone f1
2019-04-17 20:13:28
Favorites3 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Foutz | from MI 6

yes, i guess. but u have an risk, bricking ur device
2019-04-17 21:02:47
It is safe, if you know what you are doing. Basically, my understanding is that 'root' is the term in Linux which is equivalent to 'admin' in Windows platform.

It depends on your purpose and reasons you want to root your phone.
2019-04-17 21:13:15
agreed with reply no 2
2019-04-17 21:20:19
      Love Your Enemies as They Tell Your Faults

Please use reply button to notify

Master Bunny

Xymoxx | from MI MAX 2

Yes it is, but I don't think it's really needed nowadays.
2019-04-17 21:25:12
Agreed with comment #2. Rooting gives you far more control of your device, but it also gives you even more ways to mess something up in the system if you are not sure about something. With great powers come great responsibility. That responsibility is totally yours. Forget it warranty, forget free service, and if you are unlucky enough, you may end up with a $300 paperweight.

That being said, I am someone who unlocks and root every single device of mine. I've never had any issues with anything. Rooting has been the best feature to be ever happened in Android, but it's not for the fainthearted. If you are good at reading instructions and understanding the merits and demerits of rooting, then go for it. Else, don't.

Plus, Android has evolved so much that one may question the relevance of rooting today, as mentioned in comment #4. It's true - Android is too good now. But there was a time when it had it's limitations and rooting was the way to go. Is rooting still relevant? That's totally up to you - what you want to do with all that power. If you ask me, I would choose rooting any day. I've known that power, and once you've known that, there is no going back. ;D

Cheers! :-)
2019-04-17 22:17:46

Device team

vinumsv | from app

Added to what being said in comment no #2 and ask why you so want root (Admin) acesss? Can't I achieve same thing without rooting?

I used to root for 2 main reasons 1. Full system backup using titanium 2. System wide ad Blocker
2019-04-17 23:30:46
Poco F1 Graphite Black (6/64GB)
Newbie question - why is there a 72 hours wait to unlock bootloader?
2019-04-18 09:02:53

Rookie Bunny

Tanze Author | from app

thx for the replies
2019-04-18 13:09:57
Freikörperkultur replied at 2019-04-18 18:32:53
Newbie question - why is there a 72 hours wait to unlock bootloader?

It's for security reasons. Unlocking the bootloader literally makes your device vulnerable to attacks since you are no longer bound by the security standards of the device manufacturer. That's the reason why all the data is wiped during unlocking, in order to prevent data loss (to 3rd party or hackers, if it's an attack). The waiting period can be varied by device, but for Pocophone, it's only 3 days since it supports software development. It is for the same reason. Also, you can only unlock one device per month per account in order to protect from fraudsters unlocking many devices at once.

Cheers! :-)
2019-04-18 15:34:17