In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi 5A

[Q&A] new oreo update issue

2019-04-17 00:45:17
387 2
The new Oreo update in redmi 5a is just useless.
When i downloaded this update ,it starts showing "capture modem log" which was a virus infact.
This virus made my phone fully worst and useless.
I am very disappointed with this update.
2019-04-17 00:45:17
Favorites RateRate
the capture modem log notification u have is there because u are not allowed to use the rom as is intended for random beta testers only.u probably,like me,download the rom from a leaked link and flash it.wait and a more stable version will be available for all
2019-04-22 07:59:49
Pantomiman replied at 2019-04-22 17:29:49
the capture modem log notification u have is there because u are not allowed to use the rom as is in ...

totally wrong diagnosis. This 'capture modem log' issue is actually a faulty update released by Mi only. Any 5A device upgraded to version 10.2.2.0 stable OTA update released is showing this same issue of 'capture modem log'. It is not because of an user unlocking bootloader and flashing an OS on to ROM, the stable OTA release is totally faulty and every device updated via software updater are having this same issue.
2019-04-23 04:22:51