In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note

[Discussion] MIUI Problems, Avoid Any Update

2017-04-14 04:39:18
3498 13
My Redmi Note 3G suddenly could not be used at all after updated to MIUI 7 or 8 cant remember and stucked at Mi screen on March 2017. Went to Central's Mi Service Centre, all they can do is to flash it to original Android Jelly Bean and MIUI 5 version for S$10. If I were to update and problems come back, they are not responsible, so i did not update and there it goes my Pokemon Go as the version is not supporting the game.

Lesson learnt, when i was probed to update my Redmi Note 3, I always clear the notifications. One day, it was auto updated without my notice. With the latest MIUI 8.2.3, there is no sound notification for sms no matter how I try to solve it. This is not acceptable as Calls and SMS are the core function of a phone, such problem should not exist at all.

MIUI is getting from excellent to bad, first various Chinese fonts were taken off from MIUI 5. Now, sms sound was gone in MIUI 8, not to mention that it bricked my Redmi Note 3G.
2017-04-14 04:39:18
Favorites2 RateRate
I have updated quite alot of Mi phone it doesn't give me any issue.

Dirty flashing of your phone might cause instability to your phone.

Try to reflash your ROM again with SP Flash Tools
2017-04-14 05:04:54
This phone is more than 3 years old (since launch). I'm surprised Xiaomi is still supporting it. Maybe Marshmallow, but most definitely not Nougat. Even so, MM would run very slowly on the phone. Better not use it. The experience would not be fun. BTW, you can inside the updater app, prevent auto updates. In fact you should just leave it on the last Jelly Bean update. That should be the best ROM for your phone. Also, this phone you can flash it any way you want. The Bootloader is not locked. Learn how to do it and save yourself $10. You can buy a nice meal at a foodcourt and still have change. Spend wisely. Although I do agree with service center that charging is a must. They have to pay the staff. In fact $10 is cheap if you ask me. :)
2017-04-15 23:49:14
TS can try setting a new message received tone. Do note that in MIUI, message received and notification sound are separated. Please don't set back the old/default one as the source file might got corrupted/overwritten by some apps.  If it still won't work, then probably try factory reset the phone. From Jelly Bean to Kitkat is a major version jump hence recommend to factory reset the phone. You can also try going to MIUI forum to see if anyone having the problem as you and check out any possible solution.
2017-04-16 02:31:40
chongjc replied at 2017-04-16 02:31 PM
TS can try setting a new message received tone. Do note that in MIUI, message received and notificat ...

The best and safer way is to wipe using fastboot mode.

Even you do factory reset you still will have file leftover in the phone.
2017-04-16 05:25:11
Support for Redmi Note 3G was unfortunately discontinued quite sometime ago after  a buggy MIUI 8 update that caused signal reception issues was released. The update was pulled and stopped since then, now there's only Stable v7.3.1 on MIUI Forum and at least on my Redmi Note 3G (working fine on v7.3.1). I think these issues are partly due to the Mediatek chips that the phone uses, I have the first Redmi (Mediatek) as well and that is still on MIUI 6 with no new updates to solve the bugs. These are really old models, so support being stopped is par for the course here.

Conversely, take a look at Redmi 1S and Note 4G (equivalent models with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chips), both are still receiving software updates (albeit still on 4.4 KitKat) but at least it's MIUI 8.2.
2017-04-16 20:53:04
I have WIFI connection problem when my redmi note 3g is updated to MIUI 8. But when it drop back to MIUI 5, everythings seems good.
2017-05-31 03:57:30
1693088859 replied at 2017-05-31 03:57 PM
I have WIFI connection problem when my redmi note 3g is updated to MIUI 8. But when it drop back to  ...

I not sure how you guys update ROM until have lots of issue arise.

Based on my experience issue arise usually only bound to improper flashing.
2017-05-31 08:18:51

Master Bunny

Chan Seng | from Redmi Note 4

Miui is never excellent to start with.
2017-08-18 05:58:34
Sorry to hear that you have so much problems with your RedMi Note 3G,

Mine is working like a champ as my work email and work social media phone, running MIUI 8.0.1.0(KHDMIDG), rooted and modded with 2nd sim card supporting 3G as well.

what is this auto update you mention? AFAIK, official support ended at 8.0.1.0, while there is a V8.2.3.0.KHDCNDL, it is a China Rom and doesn't have OTA updates, manual flashing required.

Only MIUI 7.3.1.0 is publicly listed, MIUI is still hosting 8.0.1.0

you can find MIUI 8.0.1.0 Recovery ROM here,
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.0.1. ... _84c900d822_4.4.zip

2017-08-18 06:20:47
In West Philadelphia, born and raised,
On the playground is where I spent most of my days.

Super moderator

peeps | from mobile

hi sir
2017-08-19 08:03:00
君子之交,淡如水