This is a guide on how to root Redmi 2 Prime [Lollipop Bootloader]
Some benefits of Rooting :-
1. You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
2. Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
3. Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
4.You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
5. You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps).
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi 2 Prime :-
1. Rooting will void your warranty.
2. Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
3. It can erase all your personal data. So I recommend you to take backup before proceeding.
4. Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
2017-04-13 12:59 PM UploadClick on the file to download the attachment for Redmi 2 Prime.
Download SuperSU and paste it in your phone's internal memory or microSD Card.
Steps to install TWRP and root your device :-
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting-> developers option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Redmi 2 Prime from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder..
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below.
adb reboot bootloader
5) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
6) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
9) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Redmi 2 Prime.
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Redmi 2 Prime and install custom recovery on Redmi 2 Prime successfully.
Thats it. If you have any question, feel free to ask below.
[Tips] [Guide][MIUI8]How to install TWRP and Root Redmi 2 Prime [Lollipop]
2017-04-13 01:08 PM