In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Ringtone

[Other] [GUIDE] Mi Community Ringtone Sub-Forum FAQs

2019-04-07 04:30:07
4206 31

Before we start answering FAQ First, take a look at the Rules & Guidelines if you haven't already.
Ringtone Section Rules & Guidelines!

Q1: How do I make a ringtone thread and upload/preview the ringtone correctly?

Ans 1: Here is a Link to a thread where you get the idea of creating a Ringtone thread.

Q2: How do I use the ringtones on my Xiaomi phone?

Ans 2: First you need to Download the ringtone From Pc, Mobile browser or Community App then only you can use the ringtone from your device
Downloading ringtone:
From Pc
1,2: From Navigation panel hover over the Resources tab.and click on Ringtone subforum link → 3: Choose a thread to download the tone from. → 4. Download by clicking on the Ringtone Name.

From Mobile Browser:
1: Visit Community Page and Click the Menu button on the top left corner → 2: Click on Resource and Go to Ringtone Subforum → 3: Open thread of your choice and Download the Ringtone using Download Button

From Community app
1: Click on Subforum tab → 2: Click on Ringtone at Resources section → 3: Choose a thread of your choice → 4: download using download buttons
You can also download all at once by downloading Zip file at the bottom of the thread

Using Ringtone:
The ringtones are usually downloaded to Downloads folder in your Mobile Storage. If you have downloaded using your pc then transfer the ringtone to your Phone Storage.
Now to use the Ringtone, Open Settings of your device and follow the below steps.
1: go to Sounds → 2: Select Phone Ringtone → 3: Choose local Ringtone → 4: Select file manager and select the ringtone from the storage.

Q3: What kind of ringtone format is acceptable in Mi Community?

Ans 3: We prefer mp3 format, but if you have any other format of the ringtone to share, you can download Freemake Video Converter to convert them before sharing it.

Q4: What are the minimum and maximum time length for the ringtone?

Ans 4: I would recommend the minimum time length to be 20 seconds and the maximum length 30 seconds. In order to avoid copyright infringement issue, please do not upload the whole song, and remember to edit it below 40 seconds before you post it. In addition, make sure it's size is less than 1MB.

Q5: What are the criteria to post a good thread in ringtone sub-forum?

Ans 5: I would say, a good thread should consist of the following: Artist, Album, Released Date, HD Picture, Mp3 Preview, Embedded Video & Lyrics.

Q6: If I post a duplicate ringtone thread, what should I do?

Ans 6: Do inform any mod in the ringtone sub-forum. We will try our best to merge your thread.

Q7: What if I post my ringtone thread in the wrong Section?

Ans 7: Do inform any mod in the ringtone sub-forum. We will look into your thread and move it, if necessary.

Q8: How do I know which Category my ringtone belong to?

Ans 8: If you have Stock Ringtones of Phones then post in "Phone Ringtones" any other ringtones goes to "Other"

Q9: What if I have 10 ringtones or more, should I create a zip file?

Ans 9: Yes, it will be more convenient for users to download.

Note: If you have any other question related to the Ringtone sub-forum, please comment below and we shall try our best to answer them.
You can also post Your questions to "Q & A" category or you can consult the Management teams.

Resources Ringtone Sub-Forum Moderators

Resources Ringtone Sub-Forum Super Moderator

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +57 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-07 04:30:07
Favorites9 RateRate
Useful Tips! Thanks for sharing!
2019-04-07 04:55:46

Rookie Bunny

1771236143 | from Redmi Note 4

I want to make my music as my ringtone. But i did not know how to make the ringtone start in the middle of music. Can you help me?
2019-04-07 06:10:55

Pro Bunny

Goran79 | from MI MAX 3

usfule tips,thnx
2019-04-07 06:23:17

ph.eliezer | from MI 8 Lite

Thanks for sharing
2019-04-07 06:49:31
@ph.eliezer

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

nice Tips thank you for the information
2019-04-07 06:49:36
Tech Explorer

Semi Pro Bunny

DLTreib1 | from Redmi 5 Plus

Everything is clear and well explained. Thanks for sharing it with us.
2019-04-07 07:31:33

Beta Team-Global

Sai Chan Myae Kyaw | from Redmi 6 Pro

Thanks for information.
2019-04-07 07:53:35
@cmk33

Device team

EF_fadli | from Redmi 4A

This is far way better than on MIUI forum. Good job!
2019-04-07 08:23:12

Beta Team-Global

Sony w | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

Thanks for sharing
2019-04-07 09:44:39

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Thanks, Noted.
2019-04-07 09:59:06