What's up? I hope you are well by the grace of Allah. Alhamdulillah, I'm also fine.
We know that many of Xiaomi users are using Gcam on their device. Because it offers more benefits than our phone's stock camera. Example: Better low light shots, better portraits, 360 pictures and much more.
But the main problem is, after updating Android 9.0 (Pie) on Redmi Note 5 Ai/Pro Gcam isn't working. So, how we can enable it? It's very simple. Just follow the old method only change BuildProp command line.
❒ Warning: This tutorial is only for Whyred. Use the latest custom recovery and must back up your all data. Do anything at your own risk.
● Unlock Bootloader
● Custom Recovery (For Pie)
● Mi USB Driver
● ADB Driver
So, don't any more time let's start...
● Install all necessary drivers.
✓ Mi USB Driver:
2019-04-03 12:37:19 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
2019-04-03 12:39:36 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
● Unlock your device Bootloader. Here.
● Download the Fastboot tool.
2019-04-03 12:37:53 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
● Now download the latest OrangeFox recovery for whyred: Download Now.
(Also you can use another custom recovery. But use the latest version)
● Download the latest Magisk: Download Now.
● Now copy Magisk, OrangeFox recovery on your device storage.
● Extract FastbootTool and OrangeFox-R9.0-2-whyred-MIUI-Pie.
● Open OrangeFox extracted folder and cut "recovery" and then open FastbootTool folder and paste "recovery".
● Select all files and type "cmd" on the address bar.
● Now boot your device into the fastboot mode. For this power of your device and press Power and Volume Down button (-) at the same time. If your device makes any problem on this then first Power Off your device then hold press Power Button then connect the USB cable, I hope this trick will be work.
● Connect your device with your computer and type "fastboot devices" if your device showing a code then everything is ok.
● Now type "fastboot boot recovery.img" and wait some time. After some moments you can see your device booted into the recovery mode and it showing OrangeFox.
● Swipe to allow modification and go to install.
● Now select "OrangeFox-R9.0-2-whyred-MIUI-Pie" where you put and swipe to install. If your device asking for an option then select "recovery". Install Magisk. After successfully installing all the file reboot your device.
● Now open Magisk Manager and check everything. If you don't find Magisk Manager app. Then download it and install. Download Now.
Screenshot_2019-04-03-09-26-05-453_com.topjohnwu.magisk.png (141.28 KB, Downloads: 6)
2019-04-03 13:01:19 Upload
● Download BuildProp Editor: Download Now.
● Open it and "Grant" root permission.
● Now click on search icon and type "persist.vendor.camera.HAL3.enabled".
● After searching you can see a result. Now click on the result and change it values 0 to 1 then save.
● Now reboot your device. After rebooting download Manual Camera Compatibility app and open it. Click on start. If you can see everything is green then congratulations. You successfully enabled camera2 api without any problem. Download Now.
● Download Gcam from here, install and enjoy.
❒ Picture Sample:
GCam (Night mode)
IMG_20190403_212437.jpg (4.54 MB, Downloads: 5)
2019-04-03 13:21:34 Upload
❒ My Old Thread: