In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Tips] Install Extreme Kernel on Poco F1 - Improve Performance Drastically

2019-04-03 17:14:03
4618 22
Hi,..

This is my first thread here. Pardon me for any mistake.. ;)

This is a short guide about flashing Extreme Kernel. This article shows you the steps to flash a custom kernel on your Poco F1, replacing the default stock kernel coming with MIUI.

About Extreme Kernel
Extreme Kernel is created by Alex Dev on XDA, based on LineageOS source. It sports some tweaked hardware settings out of the box within the kernel. In short, this kernel will unleash the true potential of your Poco F1 performance by overclocking it safely.

"The eXtreme kernel" .. here to lift your desire for performance and battery beyond limits and measures.. and to the "eXtreme" you deserve more than" Stock ". you deserve "eXtreme" . unleash the true power of your device like never before, while you can. why live the stock life when u can go all the way "extreme!!"

Some of its key features include:
- Overclocked display to 65Hz/69Hz
- Optimized GPU algorithm
- Android simple Memory killer
- Fixed HDR
- Battery optimized
- AdrenoBoost 2.2
- Reduced Latency
- USB Fast Charge
- Noop I/O Scheduler
- Deadline I/O Scheduler
- CFQ I/O Scheduler
- Fiops I/O Scheduler
- SIO I/O Scheduler
- ZEN I/O Scheduler
- Anxiety I/O Scheduler
- Maple I/O Scheduler
- BFQ I/O Scheduler
- TripnDroid I/O Scheduler
- Frandom
- Tweaked Westwood TCP Algorithm(default)
- F2FS Support

- and many others.

How to Install?
Step 1. You need to unlock the Poco F1 bootloader. This is a must.

Step 2. Flash custom TWRP recovery on your phone (here). You may use the official TWRP of course, but I prefer to use Orange Fox Recovery (here).

Step 3. Download Extreme Kernel for Poco F1 zip file here or here (eXtremeKernel_V9.1_POCOF1_69_HZ.zip). There are two builds that you can choose: 65Hz and 69Hz. Which one? That’s up to you.

You can either download the file directly into your phone or download it to computer first then transfer it to your phone after that.

Step 4. Turn off your phone completely. Once it’s off, press the Power key and Volume Up key simultaneously. This will reboot your phone to custom TWRP recovery.

Step 5. Choose “Install” from the main menu.

Step 6. Locate the Extreme Kernel zip file. Tap on it to select it.

Step 7. Now do the “Swipe to Install” action (Orange fox) or "Swipe to flash" (TWRP).

Step 8. Once done, go back to main menu. Tap “Reboot” then “Recovery“. This will reboot your phone back to recovery again. This is a good practice to make sure the flashed binaries really take place.

Step 9. This time choose “Reboot” then “System“.

Step 10. That’s it. Your phone will now boot into normal mode (e.g: running MIUI).

That's it. Your Poco F1 is now faster than its default state. It is now basically overclocked without having to mess around with individual settings. Flashing a custom kernel may be not as popular as custom ROM. Nevertheless, it allows us to run our favorite ROM (MIUI, LineageOS, PixelExperience, etc) while still controlling the desired performance.

p.s: You can try benchmarking your phone performance using app like Antutu, before and after flashing the kernel.

Credits: Alex Dev on XDA.

2019-04-03 17:14:03
Favorites10 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

R8805 | from mobile

What about multitouch ?
2019-04-08 14:06:58
Nice information!
2019-04-08 19:11:13

Pro Bunny

Biti | from app

R8805
What about multitouch ?

same as without, perfect. are you in India? in this case wrong region
2019-04-08 21:46:06

Pro Bunny

Biti | from app

Twisted Kernel same OC but much better I think
2019-04-09 10:52:28
Everything else must be better than MIUI...
2019-04-09 14:12:58

Pro Bunny

Jdm90s | from app

can't wait to flash it I heard it's pretty neat kernel
2019-04-09 17:58:56

Pro Bunny

emoticonizer Author | from Redmi 5 Plus

Slimissimo
Everything else must be better than MIUI...

MIUI is good, but MIUI + Custom Kernel is better
2019-04-09 18:22:42
Live with it..

Pro Bunny

Nu1Udara | from app

Looks promising. Will try it
2019-04-09 19:37:19
network issues exist with the previous kernel update i will try this and update you
2019-04-10 09:55:18

Advanced Bunny

miraclemanoj | from app

is there any zip to undo the changes
2019-04-10 10:02:35