Chat

[Announcement] How To Use Private Message Feature on Mi Community App/Desktop

2017-04-12 02:02:52
7102 210

Hi Mi Fans!

Private Message (PM) feature is increasingly used to carry out a personal chat on forums and social media. It is means to get connected with other users without allowing other users to view your conversation. This thread will make you acquainted with PM feature which can be used on Mi Community app and desktop/PC version of Mi Community. It will be certainly helpful to new users on Mi Community.

What is Private Message

Private Message, abbreviated as PM, is a private conversation between two users on a forum or social media. Only the users participating in this conversation/chat can access the sent and received messages.

How to use  Private Message feature on Mi Community App

1. Once you open the Mi Community app, you would come across a bell shaped icon with numbers on its top-right corner which alerts you both for private messages and notifications. Tap on on this icon

2. In the next step your will be taken to a page where you can find two tabs - one with ‘Private messages’ label and the other one with ‘Notifications’. The private messages tab will show how many users have sent you a PM and also the number of PMs sent by a specific user. The number of messages will be highlighted against his/her username by number(s) encircled in red icon. Click on the message which you want to read.

3. The next page will be more like a chat window with an interface shared by most messengers these days. On the left you have messages received from the other user and that on the right will appear the messages which you would send. The space for typing the message is at the bottom of this page. Each message carries a date and time stamp beneath it.

4. You can review your sent messages any time scrolling up, if in case you had a long chat. As for an example, a sample chat is shown below

How to send  Private Message to another user on Mi Community App

1. If you want to send a private message to someone, just click his name then you will be taken to his profile, on his profile you will be able to send the message. For example this a screenshot of a thread from Mi Community.

2. You will be taken to a page where you can see the profile of that user. At the bottom of the page there is ‘Send a message’ option, tap on it.

3. A new page will open up and you can start typing your message at the bottom of this page

4. Once you type your message, hit ‘Send’ button and voila! You just sent a PM.

5. You can review your sent message with a date and time stamp

How to use Private Message feature on Mi Community (Desktop version)

1. Login to c.mi.com/in with your Mi account credentials and over your mouse pointer on the envelope icon on top-right corner

2. A drop down menu with two options ‘Messages’ and ‘Posts’ will be shown. You can also view the number of PM and post notifications which is shown by a number in parentheses.

3. As you click on ‘Message’ option, a new page will open up with ‘Message’ tab highlighted and you would be able to view PMs by other users. You can also view the number of PMs sent by an individual user.

4. Click on the message you want to read and then you will be taken to a chat window where you can reply to that message. Just beneath your message there is a blank area where you can type a reply. You are also provided with options for formatting the text, add emojis and input URL for any image if you want to attach in the reply.

5. After typing your message don’t forget to hit the ‘Send’ button

6. You can review your sent message just beneath the received message with date and time stamp

7. You can also sent a PM directly to user by clicking on Message beneath the username. Follow these screenshots:

Whether you are using Mi Community app or desktop site you can PM a user via a reply given by him/her on a thread. Just click the username and you will be taken to the profile page where you can use the above mentioned step to easily send a PM.

I hope this quick tutorial will help you in carrying out a personal conversation with other users. In case you have any further questions then please feel free to PM me.

Rate

Number of participants 8 Experience +57 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-04-12 02:02:52
Favorites98 RateRate

Bunny Master

Jagmeet | from mobile

very well explained!!!
2017-04-12 02:16:19

Bunny Novato

1684346172 | from Redmi 4A

Hi to alll
2017-04-12 02:41:14

Techie Team

Hari Sankar G | from Redmi Note 4

good information
2017-04-12 03:15:09

Join Our Channel: https://goo.gl/A6dT58

Bunny Novato

1684380239 | from Redmi Note 4

Hello everyone
2017-04-12 03:30:50

Bunny Novato

Cam in phone is good
2017-04-12 03:31:05

Bunny Novato

But in video calls, the person's image on the other side is very blurred. I am upset. Old phone with lesser features was showing the image greatly.
2017-04-12 03:31:57

Bunny Novato

Can anyone help me?  I asked for replacement but the staff told since there is no cam issue in Hard ware test he can't replace it. I m deeply depressed that I can't see others in the video call properly.
2017-04-12 03:33:06
Very nicely explained and useful information
2017-04-12 04:47:17

Bunny Master

V. Saran | from Redmi Note 3

Thanks for the info
2017-04-12 07:37:30
V. Saran

Bunny Avanzado

Arup Debbarma | from Redmi Note 4

Hmm. Is it really useful!
2017-04-12 07:38:48