In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Air Purifer

[Discussion] Zero quality care

2019-02-27 15:41:27
625 4
I bought a Air purifier 2S for 150eur. After 1 month, the sensor stopped working but I didn’t care about it because I said to myself that I will just pair it with the mobile application, set a custom program that will fit to my expectations and won’t use automatic mode anmore.However the biggest problem is: I can ensure you that there is no way to connect the Air Purifier with either IOS/Android device. With a workaround I was able to add/pair it to my iphone (by register an account to chinese server and add device on Mainland china region - thanks to some folks on the forum for this tip). However I can see the de ice in the app but not able to open its setting due to an error message: Failed to initialize device (7). On the official forum you will see that many users are also reported this issue that after IOS 12 update, no one can open it but there is no response by xiaomi, so its unusuable... Tried it on Android as well but you simply can’t pair it, mobile device cannot recognize the air purifier, it is also strange that the pairing process is totally different on Android compared to IOS.I will bring this poorly designed device back to the seller and I will never buy anything from Xiaomi, that is for sure.Also, I will post my experience on every huge site so everyone can see what is Xiaomi quality.
2019-02-27 15:41:27
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

khoo1576076951 | from Mi Note 2

hi bro, no use for u to post everywhere , officially it is not for international market. u bought it from 3rd party reseller aka PI, if u can send back to the 3rd party reseller and ask for refund then it's great.if not, then only just too bad for u. no offence to u.
2019-02-27 17:26:11

Rookie Bunny

2219266018 Author |

The sensor can be easily repleaced with guarantee. The problem is the lack of support of the mobile application, the lack of offical communication on forums from Xiaomi...
The other thing that I also don't agree the way how the app works, why should my connection goes through their chinese servers all the time? Air purifier should be controllable locally with an application.

2019-02-28 13:50:06

Master Bunny

khoo1576076951 | from MI 8 UD

The sensor can be easily repleaced with guarantee. The problem is the lack of support of the mobile  ...

bro, it's not for international market sales, PI aka 3rd party reseller sold u the item. 3rd party reseller doesn't represent XiaoMi ,it's not like authorised reseller , if it is from authorised source then the item will comes with 1year warranty locally.how to give local support when the product itself are not meant for international market/sales?????
2019-02-28 17:24:42

Rookie Bunny

2219266018 Author |

Yes I agree with you but it doesn't matter if you buy it from directly from Xiaomi or 3rd party, 3rd party also gives you 1 year guarantiee - basically they repleace the whole device, they do not repair it, they just give you a new one.
My problem is the quality provided by Xiaomi.
As you can see you are the only one who responded my post at all, there is no help from Xiaomi and this is one of the quality issues that I am talking about...
2019-03-02 03:52:37