In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[Review&Unboxing] Unboxing of Xiaomi Ninebot Mini Self-balancing Scooter

2017-03-31 11:27:08
2563 5
Aircraft grade magnesium alloy frame
Precision processing is required to make a compact and lightweight vehicle solid and durable. The super-light and strong magnesium alloy frame is based on aviation standards whereby a frame weighting only 0.6 kg can support higher static loads. Magnesium alloy is flexible and provides better heat dispersion and shock absorption performance – higher than aluminum alloy. The surface is coated with a special corrosion-resistant material that has passed the salt spray test. Compact and strong, the Mini Pro is your ideal companion for exploring.

【Introduction Chapter】

The long awaited Ninebot Mini is finally here! Have been waiting for this since Xiaomi announced that Ninebot is joining on April 2015 as a new member of Mi Ecosystem, with the joint-investment worth of $80 million. So what is Ninebot? Ninebot Inc. is the first smart short transportation equipment operator in China which gathers research & development, production, sale, and service in one.  The company was founded by a team of robotics engineers interested in developing new technology for use in environmental protection and artificial intelligence.  

【Unboxing Chapter】

Very lucky to grab one unit during the first open sales on 3rd Nov at Xiaomi Store (China). Waited patiently for 14 days before it safely arrived in Singapore. The total package is about 13kg! Carrying it from warehouse back home is a very good weight training exercises. >.<

The package is sealed with ninebot logo tape.

The ninebot mini box is ready to be taken out from the box!

I am ready to start unboxing!

Opening the box, you can find instruction on how to assemble the Ninebot Mini and controlling it.

The ninebot instruction manual is included.

All the parts are carefully packed and well protected.

At the bottom of the box is the installation package. Comes with Allen key and screw for instllation.

Now is ready for installation!

There are 2 screws need to be installed.

Using the Allen key provided to screw on.

Ensure it is tiden till the end.

Put on the cover cap to hide the screws.

Without powering on the Ninebot mini, it will not be able to stand up on it's own. You will have to leave it  against the wall.

However, once you power on it. You it wll become like a mini robot and can stand up on it's own.

【APPS Chapter】

Scan the QR code on the instruction manual and install the ninebot app.

Login with the xiaomi account to connect to the ninebot app. It will then promt you to sign up for the insurance. I have disable this feature to continue with the app.

The app will start searching for the Mi Bot Mini.

Connect it and upgrade to the latest firmware. On the main screen of the app you can lock you ninebot mini can see low long your ninebot can travel.

Tried on the bluetooth remove control of the ninebot mini. It is very fun and can set the speed of the control. It is like playing a remote control toy car. However, i can see that the ninebot mini heats up slowly after a short period of time.

【Review Chapter】

I have tried riding on the ninebot mini but have yet to maste the skill of controlling it yet. I will try to post up a video on how to master the ninebot mini once I have master it. I have to point out that it will not be easy to carry it around as I really felt that it is heavy when holding it. I think making a rope and pulling it along will be a better idea than hand carry it. Overall I really love this new toy and can't wait to travel around using it.

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +3 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-03-31 11:27:08
Favorites3 RateRate
I miss my 9. :(
2017-03-31 12:30:36
Me too!! Is really fun playing with it!
2017-03-31 23:23:14
wow. nice unboxing..
2017-05-03 01:42:43
wow! fantastic! where can i buy one?????
2017-05-03 03:10:08
君子之交,淡如水

Pro Bunny

Anoraga H Tamtama | from mobile

Cool unboxing.. Thanks for shared!
2017-05-04 23:34:33
gundhul² patjul gêmbéléngan