In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[Review&Unboxing] The Best New Year Gift - My Mi Box Mini Unboxing and Review

2017-03-30 08:53:27
2328 1
Mi Box mini - an impossibly small set-up box that’s 1/4 the size of Mi Box and fits like a power adapter. It packs a punch with Cortex-A7 quad-core 1.3GHz 1GB RAM, 4GB Flash. It also has 1080P resolution, Dolby, DTS audio and dual band Wi-Fi 802.11n.

What I received was the Limited edition new year gift, The Best New Year Gift from Mi Singapore

This comes with a special packaging in Red unlike normal brown boxes which Mi Device used to be

Opening up, it consist of 4 parts, MiBox Mini, Bluetooth remote controller, HDMI cable and user manual. Everything is so well neatly packed in a small Red box

Setting up MiBox mini

And due to Mibax Mini does not have any extension power cord, and need to place near to the TV, I've have to get the power extension below the TV

Once powered up, Mibox Mini will starts to search for the bluetooth remote control, just follow the simply steps to get it paired

Next it will search for WiFi, get it connected and you almost done

Done, you are ready to use the Mibox Mini

The contents is about the same as Mibox, and notice they have changed to GITV, not iCNTY anymore

Setting page. and you can see my Mi Router is connected too

But sadly, some contents are blocked due to copyright issue outside main land China

Streamming from my Mi Router is good and smooth

Listen to music is great too, it also support FLAC and ape

I have to install 3rd app inorder to use the Mibox mini to watch online show, I have Taijie, PPTV and Youku installed

Watch from Youku

But Mibox mini does not have usb port, how to install other apk?? worry not, below is the guide

How to install 3rd party app into Mibox mini? here to share a simple tutorial

As you PC and Mibox mini are connected to the same home network, simply use the file sharing will be good enough. On your PC apk folder, right click it to property to make it shared

Add permission to Everyone

Back to control panel. Network and Internet, choose homegroup and sharing option

Change advance sharing settings

Over at Password protected sharing, turn it off

Now go to your Mibox mini, choose the player in red box

It just works like a file explorer, you can view your folder you have shared

goto the folder you shared

select the apk you which to install

It just works as same as per normal installation

Tada~ you got the app installed into your Mibox mini

Enjoy!!

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-03-30 08:53:27
Favorites1 RateRate
Really informative!
2017-05-31 13:36:16
¡Comenta, vota, crea temas y diviertete!
Ivttan :D