In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi In-Ear Headphones

[Review&Unboxing] Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro

2017-03-31 23:17:03
3130 3
This review was written back in December 2015 on the original Mi Community.

Hi Mi Bunnies!

I attended the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro event last Saturday and got the chance to compare them with my own headphones. Here is my review of the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro.

(Patrice from 1MORE introducing the headphones)

Unboxing

Unlike the piston headphones, the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro came in a really simple white box with a window at the front. Patrice from 1More mentioned in his introduction that they did this to reduce packaging cost so that they can spend more on the actual product itself.

(Front of the box)

(Back of the box)

(Everything in the box)

Design

The housing of the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro is made of metal and plastic. As usual, the lower part of the cable is Kevlar braided while the top of the cable is protected by rubber. The volume controls are a little too high up to reach and the buttons are not easy to click (too thin). The headphones are really comfortabe to wear and do not have the tendency to drop out. Sweet.

Performance

Before I went for the event, I was expecting the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro to cost somewhere between $20 and $40 so I used a $20 UiiSii US90 and a $40 Audio-Technica ATH-CK323M to compare it against. The UiiSii US90 was a random pair of headphones I bought from popular. I chose it because of its metal housing. The ATH-CK323M was one that I have spent a lot of time with (because of its durability). It doesn't produce very good sound, but that is what you get with most $40 and below in-ear headphones. I also brought in a pair of Mi In-Ear Headphones Basic to compare.

Day 1: Saturday

I tested all four headphones with the Super Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack, LG's free monthly Hi-Fi music and music (FLAC) I downloaded from 酷我音乐. I observed that the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro had really strong bass and the highs were on par with the ATH-CK323M but mid-range was really underwhelming.The UiiSii US90 performed the worse, lacking depth and sounded like headphones that cost below $10 (in order words, garbage).
I also watched a few youtube videos with the headphones. I couldn't get a very immersive experience watching the new Star Wars trailer on the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro like I did on the ATH-CK323M. Also, watching Geekyranjit do phone reviews using the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro makes him sound like he caught a cold. Overall, not a very pleasant experience watching videos.

Day 2: Sunday

I used this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-FEaGJG8Y) to test the bass of the headphones. I was shocked when I found out that the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro produced the strongest bass. The Mi In-Ear Headphones Basic produced the weakest bass, but I was not expecting much from it. The ATH-CK323M and the UiiSii US90 produced bass of similar quality but strangely, only one side of the UiiSii US90 had bass (seriously who at UiiSii designed it like this?).
I decided to give the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro another shot at the tests in day 1. Mid-range are still weak but more acceptable than before. My experience watching videos with it was also improved.

Day 3: Monday

I listened to 丁当's performance in 蒙面歌王 using all four headphones, paying close attention to the vocals. Like the bass test, I was blown away by the sound that came from the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro. Highs produced by the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro were fantastic, beyond what the three other headphones had to offer.

Conclusion

The Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro definitely has its flaws but if you can live with them, these are really great in-ear headphones. From what I hear, I am not the only one who has a change in opinion about the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro after using it for a while. I would recommend testing out a well seasoned pair of Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro before you buy one. At only $27.99, the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro is a really good buy.

(Balanced armature found in Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro)

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-03-31 23:17:03
Favorites3 RateRate
Nice thread!! 1st time met Patricia from 1more!
2017-03-31 23:28:38

Master Bunny

Kerk Lik Christopher | from Redmi Note 3

Hi just want to know which is good to make phone call, listening to music and YouTube videos?
2017-10-14 09:33:22

Master Bunny

Thant Zin Aung | from Redmi Note 4

Thank for sharing
2017-10-14 20:18:19