In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[] Mi Bluetooth Audio Receiver

2018-09-20 04:25:09
11267 38
One of my pet peeves in listening to music is having those earphone wires tangled on. When you’re commuting and always “on the go”, you want something that is comfortable like wearing those Bluetooth earphones (for one).

Photo grabbed from internet, showing this as a sample of tangled earphones connected to a phone.
What if you already have your favorite earphone and still want to have that untangled problem on wires?Xiaomi’s Bluetooth Audio Receiver is a great solution for this.

Photo grabbed from the Official Mi Store Philippines
Now I’ve already owned a Piston Pro HD so instead of buying another earphone (Bluetooth), I had given this Xiaomi’s Bluetooth Audio Receiver a try. This is much cheaper than (buying separately) another Bluetooth earphones, and one big advantage of this is you can use different earphones, headphones on this, that nice right?
It has a Bluetooth 4.2 and a built-in 97 MAH Li-ion battery that can lasts up to 4 to 5 hours of playing time (as for my experience as well).

My Piston Pro HD along with my Mi Bluetooth Audio Receiver
It is easy to use it despite the manual that comes with it is in Chinese language. Just pair it like any other Bluetooth earphones and headphones on it. As I have read online (based on some reviews) it is made of a solid polycarbonate plastic and it has a metal clip. You can also notice the MI logo on the side of the metal clip.

Press the multi-function button for about 3 seconds and you can hear it will say Power ON, then the status of the battery of the unit (either Battery Medium, or Battery Low) the color of the LED changes from RED to BLUE which means it is searching or pairing. And it is portable as it only weighs approximately 10grams ( /-).

You can also see that it has a LED light indicator and one multi-function button (ON and OFF function).

At the top of it is a 3.5mm audio port while on the bottom is a micro USB port for charging. What I noticed is, it has an excellent range. By experience I can still hear it within 6 to 7 meters from my phone on which it is connected, without sacrificing the sound/ music quality. I find it impressive considering its price.

The 3.5mm audio port to where your earphone or headphone is connected.
This does not have a built-in volume control and microphone. But you can still control the volume on your phone or earphone if your earphone has it. Same applies to the microphone if an incoming call comes in, the control of the volume will be on your phone or earphone.
The micro usb port for charging
The sound quality is also good for a Bluetooth receiver. It also has a great battery life managing a maximum 5 hours and 20 minutes on my personal experience. What’s good about it, there is a voice prompt once the receiver goes low in battery, it will remind you (there’s an interval, apologies I forgot how many minutes) up until it totally turned off. When charging it usually takes about 1 to 1 ½ hours to get to fully charge.

White is the only color for this one :)
Will I recommend this? Yes, As it serves its main purpose, to provide good quality (wireless) audio with incredible battery life a great deal for its price!
It is about Php799.00 at our Mi Official Stores (Trinoma, Megamall and SM North Edsa)

NOTE:   For those audiophiles (is a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction) I DO NOT recommend this because you could be disappointed, as this does not support a feature called APTX Bluetooth (aptX™ audio enhances the wireless sound quality of many of the world's finest smartphones, speakers, soundbars, headphones and tablets. With aptX, music lovers can enjoy wired quality sound).
BUT, let’s just wait and see if somehow, Xiaomi will create another version of this Bluetooth receiver with that great feature. ;)
Thanks for dropping by! Happy Ears everyone :D
2018-09-20 04:25:09
Favorites20 RateRate
Excellent and detailed thread! Thanks!
2018-09-20 07:10:15

NetteCastle Author | from Mi Note 3

jaaalijaaa
Excellent and detailed thread! Thanks!

thank you Mam! appreciated much :)
2018-09-20 07:17:59
Be Good. Be Kind. Be Happy. #TeamCastle

Pro Bunny

Ron Reyes | from Mi A2

It's a good thing you mentioned in your final note regarding the quality of sound. I bought one because my RN3Pro's audio input is loosing connection. Maybe some soldering works would fix it. Buying this product is a better and cheaper solution than to buy a decent brand of bluetooth headset and waste my Mi Hybrid In-Ear Pro.

Also an advantage of this product is you are not limited to headset only but you can use this to connect your desktop speaker, 2.1ch speaker, etc. to your phone wirelessly.
2018-09-20 08:56:27

indeed sir, cheaper and better version. thank you for sharing that part of its advantage, that it can also be connected on desktop speaker among other. :)
2018-09-20 09:55:50

Rookie Bunny

CyriL OlaeR | from Redmi S2

very nice! give me one hehe
2018-09-20 11:22:52

Intern Moderator

Acatubig | from Redmi 5 Plus

nice, I'll look for this product
2018-09-20 17:02:01

CyriL OlaeR
very nice! give me one hehe

thank you! :)
2018-09-20 18:32:42

Acatubig
nice, I'll look for this product

thank you! if you're not into hi fi or hi res songs (audiophile), this one does the job :)
2018-09-20 18:34:23

Master Bunny

Jayfee Waffu | from Redmi Note 5

awesome.haha
2018-09-20 19:53:25

Master Bunny

UlpiEdub | from Redmi Note 4

Wow. Very comprehensive review and nicely written... MIUI forum does review competitions, do check it out. Thanks for the tip, by the way.
2018-09-21 00:15:05