Hello, Redmi Note 5/AI users,
If you want to flash official Global Stable 184.108.40.206 OEIMIFA rom based on Oreo, then follow this flashing guide.
Warning: All data will be erased. Use at your own risk.
Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader
1. Download and install MiFlash Tool and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. MS .NET Framework is required to run MiFlash Tool. Logout Mi Account and Google account. Disable any lock screen.
2. Extract fastboot rom with 7-Zip/Winrar/Winzip.
3. Right click on the file and select Open with 7-Zip/Winrar/Winzip and extract.
4. Boot phone to fastboot (Power Off you Phone and Hold Vol Down + Power button).
5. Connect phone to PC via original USB cable. Open MiFlash Tool and browse to the folder where you have extracted the fastboot rom. Make sure to select "CLEAN ALL" on MiFlash Tool. I repeat CLEAN ALL and flash the rom with Mi Flash Tool.
6. Wait to finish and phone will boot to Official Global Stable 220.127.116.11 based on Oreo rom. DONE.
WARNING: DON'T TRY TO DOWNGRADE IF YOU'RE ON MIUI10 BETA 8.7.6 AND MIUI9 9.5.19 (GLOBAL/CHINA) AND ABOVE. OR TRY TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROM WITH LOWER FIRMWARE VERSIONS. IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE AND THERE IS NO FIX YET BUT TO GO TO SERVICE CENTRES. XIAOMI HAS ENABLED THE ANTI-ROLLBACK FEATURE OF OREO. THIS FLASHING GUIDE IS ONLY FOR REDMI NOTE 5/AI PHONE.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .