In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[] Mi Headphones (First Generation) Review

2018-06-24 10:33:08
977 1

Hey fellow Mi Fans! I'm back. It's been a while since my last review for Mi Pocket Speaker 2. Today, I'm going to share with you my review of Xiaomi's first high end headphones. So without further ado, i-review na natin 'yan!

BUILD QUALITY AND DESIGN

The Mi Headphones is available in two color variation, the popular black and gold, and the white and silver which we have.

I picked up the white and silver variant since the design is some what unique and reminiscent of space themed movies in the 90's.

The headband is made out of metal and covered with soft cushion providing comfort while the headphones rest in your head. It's also collapsible to help you find the perfect fit when wearing the headphone.

The earphones are made out of metal as well and has a semi-open back design and sports a huge 50 mm driver. It can be twisted to sit perfectly on your ear.

The earpads can be replaced with the other 2 sets of earpads included in the package. The on-ear type made out of a different type of foam and the over-the-ear earpads. I commend Xiaomi for having this feature as it makes the headphones versatile to wear.

Aside from replaceable earpads, the cable is removable as well. So if the cable breaks, all you need to do is to replace it which is also an awesome feature.

The upper cables are covered with rubber and are color coded (red for right, white for left) to help you connect them in proper ports under each earphones. The microphone and Play/ Pause button sits in the middle and the lower cable is braided which make the cable more durable and at the end is the gold plated 3.5 mm headphone jack.

Just like most of the Xiaomi headphones, the Play/Pause also acts as Next/Previous button. Press twice to skip tracks and press thrice to go back to the previous track. The microphone performs good during call conversations.

I have to mention that you will also get a 6.3 mm jack and an airplane adapter in the package plus a soft carrying pouch and a hard case to keep the headphones safe after use.

Over all, being made of high quality materials, the headphone's build is highly durable and top notch. I really love the classic design.

SOUND QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE

The Mi Headphones has a semi-open back design which gives a 3D and natural sound. Having a huge 50 mm driver provides pumping bass without over powering the mids and highs. The sound quality is great and manages to produce crystal clear sound. For a much better noise cancellation and sound stage, I highly recommend the over-the-ear earpads instead of the default one, which also provides greater comfort, but this could be subjective. The sound also doesn't distort too much when using the headphones on high volume. The only thing I think that some may find uncomfortable is the sound leakage, which is not too much, unless, you put the volume on high levels.

PRICE AND VERDICT

Sadly, the Mi Headphones is not yet being sold here in the Philippines officially in any Mi Authorized Reseller Stores and I don't think they'll sell it anymore. Last time I checked other resellers here, the only thing that they have is the second generation which doesn't have the extra earpads and costs around Php 4 700. I purchased mine last year from one of the resellers on an online shopping app and cost me Php 4 300. For the said price, you will be getting a high quality, stylish, feature packed and great sounding headphones that doesn't break the bank to much, plus, all the accessories included to complete your listening experience.

(c)TechBulilit | Images used are original work and property of shaynester679
2018-06-24 10:33:08
Favorites RateRate

Wizard Bunny

Aries Nicerio Author | from Redmi 5 Plus

Sorry guys, will fix my post ASAP. I did this on my phone only.
2018-06-24 10:44:44