Hello Mi Fans, We're very excited to share the news with you that MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM has started rolling out from today as we promised for all you stable MIUI users! Many of you may already have received OTA updates through updaterapp, if you haven't received any update, All you have to do is fire up your Updater app to receive the OTA update. If you cannot wait, you can download the Fastboot or Recovery files foryour respective device from below links.
A huge thanks to our Developers and Beta team members forhelping us bring the stable build to you.
Currently supported devices:
Mi Max / Mi Max Prime / Mi 4i / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Redmi 1S / Redmi Note 4G
The following devices will be receiving the update progressively starting from 20th Feb 2017:
Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note Prime, Mi 5, Redmi 3S/Prime, Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Update Highlights
- New improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
- Get full control over automated tasks
- Brand new system sounds and ringtones
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Full Changelog
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
New - Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications (11-18)
New - UI adjustments for toggles(12-15)
New - Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade (12-15)
Optimization - Lock screen PINlayout (11-15)
Optimization - Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards (12-01)
Optimization - Floating notifications won't appear in DND mode (12-13)
Fix - Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications (10-25)
Fix - Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time (11-07)
Fix - Notification shade issues(11-15)
Fix - Issues with opacity after using third party themes (11-15)
Fix - The first notification couldn't be removed by a swipe (11-29)
Fix - Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)
New - Home screen settings added to the Settings (11-22)
Fix - Part of UI for deleting apps wasn't visible on light backgrounds (10-11)
Fix - Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher (11-14)
New - Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play (11-02)
1. If you're using MIUI V5 / MIUI 6 / MIUI 7 / MIUI 8 global stable ROM, please go to 'Updater' app on your phone and check for updates.
2. You can also download the full ROM and update via fastboot method (Full wipe suggested when updating from old MIUI versions）
- Please read the Flashing Guide - Click Here
- Data Backup before Full Wipe
- Full Wipe required for Dev ROM to Stable ROM
- Full Wipe required for Stable ROM to Dev ROM
Redmi 2 Prime (New)
Redmi Note Prime (New)
Mi 3 / Mi 4
Mi Max 32GB
Mi Max 128GB
Redmi Note 4G
Why My Device did not get update?
- YOu will get it, If not, reboot your device and check the updater app.
When MIUI 8 will come on Stable ROM?
- Well, If you check MIUI 8 as a stable ROM has been rolled out on few devices and rest others will get soon as all those devices have MIUI 8 on Open Beta.
How to switch to Beta ROM from Stable ROM or Vice Versa?
- It is recommended to fastboot your device when switching from Stable to Developer or Vice Versa. Reason behind this is both may have different Android Versions, and Dev ROm always has some additional fetaures so they may have different patches or framework. If you don't fastboot then you will get random FCs.
Check this Thread: How to Flash MIUI 8 Stable and Developer ROM, Step by Step Guide.
Why Dual Apps and Second Space misisng in few devices?
- These 2 features requires Android 5.0+ version to work.
My Mi Device is not getting connected to Mi Pc Suite?
- Well, You must be on Android Marhmallow thats the reason. Wait for future updates.
[Announcement] MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Now Rolling Out: Redmi 2 Prime,Redmi Note Prime Added