In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[] Mi Pocket Speaker 2 Review

2018-06-08 15:54:17
2671 6

Recently, we reviewed the Mi Bluetooth Speaker. The speaker is commendable with its great sound quality at a portable form factor.
Today, we are going to review another bluetooth speaker from Xiaomi, the Mi Pocket Speaker 2 | LYYX01ZM. Without further ado, i-review na natin 'yan!

BUILD QUALITY AND DESIGN

I have to say that the speaker's cylindrical design is very unique from other bluetooth speakers in the market. It is available in two different colors; white, and black, which is the one that we have. It is made of metal and has a matte texture on to it. The micro USB is located at the lower back and the LED notification at the lower front. At the bottom, the speaker has rubber pad to make sure that it will stay in place during music sessions.

To power on, you need to press and hold the Power and/or Play/Pause button at the top part until you hear a notification and/or the LED blinks. It will then automatically go to pairing mode and on your bluetooth device, you need to select the speaker's name (written in Chinese for me since I have the Chinese version), and you will hear a short beep once it's successfully paired. It has bluetooth 4.1 and you should be able to play your music on the speaker by up to 10 meters (open area).

I commend Xiaomi by the way how they implemented the volume controls. Instead of the traditional buttons, you need to rotate the dial at the top. To increase the volume, you need to rotate the dial clockwise and counter clockwise to decrease the volume. However, there's no indication if you already reached the maximum volume. You can also answer incoming call directly on the speaker while playing music by pressing Power and/or Play/Pause button at the top part.
It has a 1 200mAh battery and this allows you to enjoy listening to your favorite music by up to 7 hours. It takes around 2 hours to fully charge the device.
Overall, the build quality is great and with its unique and minimalistic design, the speaker will definitely compliment other gadgets and/or furniture at home.

SOUND QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE

The speaker has a single 5 watt driver. The sound quality is good and has an adequate amount of bass. However, it is not too loud compare with the Mi Bluetooth Speaker. Still, it manage to produce clear audio.

PRICE AND VERDICT

The Mi Pocket Speaker 2 is currently available at Xiaomi Authorized Reseller Stores in Trinoma and SM Mega Mall for Php 1 090. For the said price, you will be getting a refreshing and uniquely designed durable speaker which also has a great overall sound quality. This will be perfect as gift for Dad's out there who loves to listen to their favorite music! Advanced happy Father's Day to all daddies here in Mi Community!

(c)TechBulilit | Images used are original work and property of shaynester679

2018-06-08 15:54:17
Favorites1 RateRate

Dominique Bien | from app

It's a great speaker I also have mine but only got the bar type v2.
2018-06-11 05:05:51
Thanks for sharing! May we ask in the future, to upload bigger photos if possible. Thank you
2018-06-11 06:31:06

Wizard Bunny

Aries Nicerio Author | from Redmi 5 Plus

jaaalijaaa
Thanks for sharing! May we ask in the future, to upload bigger photos if possible. Thank you

Will do. Thanks so much.
2018-06-11 10:36:43

Wizard Bunny

Have the Mi Bluetooth Speaker as well and the bass is awesome.
2018-06-11 10:37:39

Rookie Bunny

Sam Knight | from Redmi 5A

It is a great product with a great sound... but why does it creates a buzzing sound? Will anyone help me please?
2018-07-28 02:00:48

Wizard Bunny

It is a great product with a great sound... but why does it creates a buzzing sound? Will anyone hel ...

Maybe with the unit that you have. Mine's ok.
2018-07-28 03:49:01