In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi S2

[Other] Xiaomi Redmi S2 Selfie Phone Launched In China!

2018-05-15 07:32:32
1108 2

Hi Mi Fans,

Xiaomi on last Thursday announced a new smartphone focused at selfie enthusiasts. Called Redmi S2, Xiaomi’s latest smartphone has been released in China. The smartphone is available at a starting price of CNY 999, which is SGD210 approximately. The top-end model of Xiaomi Redmi S2 is priced at CNY 1299 (SGD273 approximately). Xiaomi Redmi S2 is 16-megapixel front-facing camera which comes with a range of Artificial Intelligence-based features for better portrait shots and sharper results.

Xiaomi Redmi S2: Design

The smartphone looks quite similar to the recent Xiaomi smartphones. It has an 18:9 display but with thicker bezels on the top and bottom. On the top it has 3.5mm headphone jack while base features USB port with speaker grilles. On the back it has two cameras on the left top corner and a fingerprint sensor at the centre. The antenna lines run around the border of the phone, making the back panel look neater. The smartphone is available in three colour options – pink, grey and gold.

Xiaomi Redmi S2: Full specifications

Xiaomi Redmi S2 has a 5.99-inch HD+ LCD display. It runs on Android Oreo-based MIUI 9.5 custom ROM and is powered by Qualcomm’s mid-range focused Snapdragon 625 processor. The smartphone is available in two variants featuring 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage, and 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. The phone comes with a microSD slot for expandable storage.

Redmi S2’s highlight is the camera. On the back it has a dual-camera setup, consisting of a 12-megapixel sensor and a 5-megapixel sensor. On the front, it has a 16-megapixel sensor. Key camera features include phase detection auto focus (PDAF), electronic image stablisation (EIS), and full HD video recording support.

Connectivity options include dual-SIM, 4G, 4G VoLTE, and a 3,080mAh battery.

Below I will share with you the video of launch live event which I found on YouTube, please be apologized if you could not understand Mandarin, no caption and no English subtitiles available.

Please leave your comment if you have any discussion about the Redmi S2. I hope Redmi S2 will come soon in Singapore and Malaysia too.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-05-15 07:32:32
Favorites RateRate
Thanks for sharing
2018-05-15 13:58:00
Thanks for sharing
2018-05-27 09:00:07